Forums Latest Members

SOLD Eberhard Pre Extra fort Gilt Step Case Chronograph

1. emilio Jul 7, 2020

For sale, my Eberhard Pre Extra Fort Gilt dial with step case.

A watch I thought I would not be selling. However got a weekend car incoming so raising some funds.

Brand: Eberhard
    Model: Pre Extar Fort
    Size: 40mm

Dial: The dial on this particular example is a gilt dial. Because of aging it turns tropical. I think with time the dial will turn evenly brown. Please take a look at the pictures for the lovely patina.

It’s a pre extra fort. Later examples have “ extra fort” written on the dial. Outside of the dial is the telemeter scale, inside of the dial your speed can be read on the part which makes this a “ snail dial”.

Case: The case is a so called step case and is in razor sharp condition. Please take a look at the pictures. I don’t like to use the word unpolished but this comes pretty close to it.

Movement: the movement is the Eberhard 16000, which is a Valjoux 65, modified by Eberhard. I have just given the movement a full service by one of the best independent Dutch Watch makers. Forgot to take a picture of the receipt but I have it at my home.

Hands: Gold hands, correct for the age and the dial

Strap: since the watch has fixed lugs it is hard to find a nice strap. I had one custom made in Italy. Will include the strap in the sale.

Price: My asking price is €7.995.

This price is based on one I saw on auction fetching above $13.000 and two examples Shuck the Oyster recently sold within a week with an asking price of €11.500 and € 14.000.

I’m based in the Netherlands but shipment can be worked out. Got lots of references worldwide.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cuttysark, yako54, aap and 20 others like this.
  2. emilio Jul 11, 2020

Up!

3. Drawarms Jul 11, 2020

very nice example shouldn't last long

emilio likes this.
  4. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 11, 2020

This is stunning!

emilio likes this.
  5. emilio Jul 17, 2020

Did I mention I’m open to trades?

cash up or down? Preferably Rolex (modern or vintage) or Omega?

6. emilio Jul 24, 2020

7. emilio Aug 5, 2020

Sold

wristpirate, vujen and cristos71 like this.