Forums Latest Members

SOLD Eberhard Pre-Extra Fort Black/Gilt Chronograph

1. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Dec 22, 2020

Hello all!

I have for sale an Eberhard Pre-Extra Fort Chronograph with black and gilt dial. Please read the description carefully, and let me know if you have any questions.

Price: $8000 USD

Description
    Case Material: Stainless Steel
    Case Dimensions: 40 mm / 20 mm lug width (fixed bars, original)
    Year: late 1930's
    Movement: Eberhard Caliber 16000 (modified Valjoux 65), serviced by LA Watchworks (12/2019)
    Serial Number: 1005467 (matches last 3 digits 467 on caseband/lugs)
    Movement Number: 23365
    Strap/Bracelet: Comes with used black kangaroo nato strap and a metal mesh bracelet
    Accessories: No box or papers

Condition Report

Case: Full, crisp case that looks to be unpolished. Scratches consistent with a watch that is 80-years old

Dial: All original, un-refinished dial. The dial corrosion is consistent with gilt dials of this type and age, but I think it adds a beautiful texture. One interesting tidbit is that Eberhard watches with serial numbers 1011XXX should feature a snail tachymetre scale that starts at 500, not 400 like this one. (Edit: I was told this is confusing. Should have said watches with serial numbers that precede 1011XXX, like this one, should have 400 dials. The dial and serial are correct for this watch.)

Hands: All original

Movement: In good working condition. The watch was fully serviced by LA Watchworks in 2019. Please note that this watch is a monopusher chronograph. The start, stop, and reset are operated by the top pusher. The bottom pusher is a lock system that when pushed up (towards the crown) locks the chronograph mechanism.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: There is one issue with the watch. There is some wear on the main plate where it interacts with the crown stem screw which results in the crown stem falling out sometimes when the crown is pulled out to set the time. The remedy is to slightly pull the crown towards you while you pull the crown out with the dial facing towards you. I have had no issues this way. Unfortunately, the only way to completely fix this is to replace the main plate. If the crown stem does fall out, it is also an easy fix to open the caseback and put the stem back in. I will include a caseback tool and an appropriate micro screwdriver with the sale.

Shipping, Insurance and Payment

Will ship worldwide fully insured via FedEx. Payment via wire transfer or PayPal (buyer will pay the fee). Returns will be accepted if notified within 48 hrs if the watch is not as described. No buyer's remorse. The watch is located in Los Angeles, CA USA.

Please contact me here or at [email protected] with any questions.

Thank you OF for the space!

IMG-2306.jpg IMG-2308.jpg IMG-2862.jpg IMG-2863.jpg IMG-2864.jpg

Edited Jan 5, 2021
  2. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jan 3, 2021

New year bump

Happy New Year everyone!

3. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jan 5, 2021

Dial description edit bump

4. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jan 10, 2021

Sold. Thank you for the space