Forums Latest Members

FS Vintage Movado 95M (M95) Francois Borgel Case Chronograph

1. gophishin Feb 23, 2023

About the watch: Just such a cool, charming, interesting, and honest vintage watch with a great history: the first modular chronograph, Francois Borgel case, the Kris chronograph counter sub-register hands, etc., there's a great reference article on Rescapement here: https://www.rescapement.com/blog/for-your-reference-the-movado-fb-95m I would encourage you all to read, these are so interesting and relatively rare, which is why I suspect they're not priced higher. Rich Fordon's article on Rescapement estimates just 14,200 were made over the 23 year run.

I've had the watch since early 2021, and wear it sparingly. The only reason I'm selling is because I'm trying to thin the herd, and have the urge to shake up the collection. I will follow with straight iPhone shots taken in natural daylight to the best of my meager abilities, but numerous additional photos can be seen on my instagram here as well.

FS:
    First Gen "-38" Movado 95M Chronograph in steel Reference: 19038

Case: Famed Francois Borgel "FB" case in steel, retains all of it's original finishes and facets, appears to have been slightly polished in the past, with original vertical bushing present on the mid case as pictured.

Crown:
    Original, low profile unsigned low profile crown

Movement: The venerable 95M modular column wheel chronograph is in good working condition. Service history is unknown; I rarely wear a watch for more than a day and performance has been fine and correct to my observation. Fully wound the watch ran about +40s over 24 hours (not bad for 67 years old). I don't have a timegrapher and I'm not a watchmaker, but I haven't had any issues with the watch winding, setting, running, and keeping time or being off on time enough that was noticeable.

Dial
    : Original dial and hands in warm, evenly patinated condition. Hands are full, heat blued and radium filled, and the dial is evenly patinated across. There is some wear/smudging/fading of the tachy track in between 1-2, but between the domed crystal and the overall feel of it being an honestly used vintage watch, I have never found it to detract or disappoint.

Bracelet: watch is sold head only.

Price: $3,800 USD shipped within the continental US. I'm located in the US and typically ship via ParcelPro, I will ship outside of the US at actual price generated at time of label creation. If you prefer an alternative shipping method, I'm open to discussing. Payment via PP F&F, Venmo F&F, Zelle, or Wire.

I genuinely believe this is priced to sell, I have yet to see one this nice at this price. Everything I've seen in the last year or so has either been at the same or higher price in much worse condition, often redialed, or is far more expensive.

References
    : I have numerous references here, ChronoTrader, Reddit, WUS, eBay, Instagram, etc. Additional references available upon request:
    Sell with Confidence to gophishin | Omega Forums
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/colin-at-gophishin.86272/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Watchexcha...s_rolex_daytona_116500ln_white_dial_full_set/

Vintage Movado Chronograph.JPG Vintage Movado 95M Chronograph.JPG Vintage Movado M95 Chronograph.JPG Movado 95M FB Case.JPG Vintage Movado FB Case.JPG Vintage Movado Francois Borgel Case.JPG Vintage Movado M95 Chronograph FB Case.JPG
  2. YYTIN Feb 23, 2023

That's nice & well priced ! GLWS
    (Wish I were in the US :))

gophishin likes this.
  3. gophishin Feb 23, 2023

Thank you! Happy to work with you on declared value, shipper of choice, etc.!

*edit - this came through and I thought it was a PM, my apologies for the inadvertent bump, please delete if possible.

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 23, 2023

::love::Another Movado delicacy served up …. Someone please buy this quickly. I feel like a priest at the playboy mansion.

Edited Feb 23, 2023
  5. Walrus Feb 23, 2023

I love these old movados especially the M95 I wish movado would do more modern retakes on there older pieces they had so much soul.

gophishin, MDubs and Larry S like this.
  6. gophishin Feb 25, 2023

Thanks everyone for the kind words, these are really wonderful watches with so many great vintage details. I would love to see this go to a new home!