Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConElPueblo Oct 3, 2018

I know the incentive for "roasting" the seller in question, but that was not what I was saying. Reading the advert, I have to say that "I believe it to be the best Ultraman in the world" is fairly subjective and a statement that I would believe that anyone in the market for one of these is probably able to evaluate at his or her own discretion :)

As for the finer details of dial finishing or so on, I will let others discuss that...

2. lowen Moonwatch Only Author Oct 3, 2018

The market is going totally crazy, not only because of the (real) prices of certain transactions (even if that's the main reason), but also because of arrogance (or lack of knowledge? opportunism? both?) regarding watch descriptions and (theoretical) prices requests.

And I don't even discuss about technical details here (useless...)...

Well, this is good news, based on those valuations, I'm much richer than I thought! :D:D

Lonestar, raison_, Kmart and 8 others like this.
  3. Fost Oct 3, 2018

If the OP finally end to sell at the asking price , I will recommend him to buy a new camera :)

Lonestar, aap, Kmart and 6 others like this.
  4. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 3, 2018

a bit less, like u said, would have been more in this case.

but it is good to see that our community isn't blinded by superlatives and still able to discuss whatever comes on the table ....

Pun, gdupree and eugeneandresson like this.
  5. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 3, 2018

well from my point of view those asking prices and descriptions are only impressing "newbies" but the guys who handle such watches smile and go on ...

nobody would have cared if asking would have been 35- 40, yea maybe .... bit expensive but in a realistic range but ok ....

there will be 25 rich guys now :D

Gefa, cristos71, Pun and 1 other person like this.
  6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 3, 2018

One thing for sure, the seller sure got a lot of free publicity here (four pages and counting) with his outlandish claims.

I do not know if will do any good.

Still eagerly awaiting some close up dial shots. And even side by side with a cooking 145.012?

Anyone?

7. Cad290 Oct 3, 2018

Check! I really lit a fire under some asses here huh? I still haven’t seen a nicer one...including @Vintagewtchzilla , pointing out the wear on the bezel and the drunk guy that applied the lume to your dial.

8. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 3, 2018

:eek: nooo don'T tell em mine is relumed, i was very drunk as i did it but the speedmaster writing i did well i think. also i have never said mine is nicer .... , mine has wear and scratches. we all know what simon is able to do .... so go and try to impress some others ...

and btw u didn't answer my question how many u had in hand before ?

Pun likes this.
  9. Cad290 Oct 3, 2018

I don’t know if yours is relumed, don’t care, the lume still looks like it was applied after several drinks

Vintagewtchzilla likes this.
  10. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 3, 2018

i was all time very polite and didn't say "yo watch fat " so stay gentle ....
    as u seem to have exceptional experience with utlraman i bend my knee and say " i don't care " i hope u sell urs for 80 then i will gain more for mine :p but i don't sell even for 80

11. MikeMan2727 Oct 3, 2018

At least he didn't call you a Dick...the great honor I received on page 1 :D

bimbim1207, raison_, aap and 19 others like this.
  12. Atalien2005 Oct 3, 2018

It’s funny how you told someone not to be a dick, yet every response from you on this thread has made you sound a lot like the picture below.
    A5AA60AF-10F8-4C06-9B2B-E31DC92EFC28.jpeg

13. gdupree Oct 3, 2018

Welp. Thought it would be fun to actually discuss and compare interesting points on an interesting watch, but looks like this seller would rather make this some sort of pissing contest and set fire to the whole thread.

@Cad290, can you leave this thread alone so that we can talk about useful things among ourselves? We would love more pictures of the watch, but beyond that, I'm not sure that we're interested in your commentary anymore (at least I am not).

jv91, nttisch23, Kmart and 13 others like this.
  14. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 3, 2018

ahh no prob u can call me dick... but dick3 please ;)

viwa64 and Pun like this.
  15. Philou Oct 3, 2018

::popcorn::

ch-made likes this.
  16. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 3, 2018

don't take it serious, he couldn't prove me wrong and the truth hurts ....

your friend dick3

rbob99 and Marty McDawg like this.
  17. Ninja2789 Oct 3, 2018

Another example of an interesting watch losing some steam by a seller with a lack of decorum.

I guess when there's this much money on the line theres going to be all kinds of people.

Oh well, at least it's entertaining.

18. Kapka Oct 3, 2018

Oh well, at least it's entertaining.[/QUOTE]

I agree :). This is developing in to a Saturday Night thread (sadly but not unexpected)

19. Dan S Oct 3, 2018

I just want to know how Beavis and Butthead got hold of an UM.

hesaiddick.jpg

20. Middkid2001 Oct 3, 2018

It is a beautiful watch "but the case and caseback showing light scratches and a small ding," do not qualify it as NOS, IMO. It could also be the angle of the photos but the pushers also seem to be newer pushers as well.

To me NOS means as mint as the day it left the factory and basically a safe queen for 50 years with all original parts and a 1039/516 bracelet.

GLWS, though!

Edited Oct 3, 2018
    Pun, Vintagewtchzilla and gdupree like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.