Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdupree Oct 2, 2018

Relax. It’d be nice to see how this one lives up to your claim compared to the other around here. You listed an $80k watch, did you not come prepared for a little scrutiny? No one is indicting you.

2. Pun Oct 2, 2018

I wonder if you mind quoting your source to substantiate that 50 number for our knowledge. I perhaps missed it while going through Internet or my memory fails me if I read it elsewhere. Please help. Regards

sdre likes this.
  3. tikkathree Oct 2, 2018

And me being still complete novice when it comes to the Speedmaster (beyond my Schumy Reduced, Mk2, 4.5 and Mk5) I'm stroking my old beard and wondering where the money is in examples like this. My loss of course but honestly what are the stand out features?

Lonestar and sdre like this.
  4. sdre Oct 2, 2018

Staking a claim that big; is quite a ballsy move especially in a forum like OF. If this was in WUS, I guess everyone will be clamouring to you.

morningtundra, Edantony and Pun like this.
  5. sdre Oct 2, 2018

I was talking to another forum member; if a nice example sold for 45k usd, what are the differences between this (80k) piece vs (45k) piece that would justify a 90-95% premium?

Pun likes this.
  6. Pun Oct 2, 2018

As far as I know it’s the orange chronograph hand, that’s different, from the other Speedmasters that were in production from that period. Nothing else is different.

lando and sdre like this.
  7. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 3, 2018

Hmm best example in the world ? I doubt

Why i doubt ?
    I might be wrong but for a all correct ultraman it needs :
    A) red hand ... checked
    B) deep black glossy dial ... didn’t see that
    C) caramel lume (like ALL real ones have) ... didn’t see that

But tis all can be related to wrong monitor color adjustment of my laptop

The production number he took is wrongly interpreted from last fratello article.

The production number is still unknown and so far until today there are less than 50 KNOWN

just my 2 cents

Here is mine

6431D014-4EAF-476B-8106-1E762B5311FF.jpeg

Rochete, blowfish89, kreyke and 49 others like this.
  8. Pun Oct 3, 2018

Thank you dear.

Now I recollect from where this small figure arose for a very whimsical quote. This forum is indeed amazing reservoir of information and knowledge.

Wombat123, sdre and Vintagewtchzilla like this.
  9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 3, 2018

Fetishized collectors motivation. Basically it’s ulta rare with a few differences. Which means these and the soliel dials get massive premiums.

These have a slightly different dial and a very specific Chrono hand. It was then used in a Japanese tv show... almost featured in it. The second Speedy Tuesday LE is a tribute to it.

If you collect speedmasters outside of a NASA flown watch these are the Crown Jewels.

10. Davidt Oct 3, 2018

Lovely watch and GLWS. Just two points though:

1. Calling someone a dick for point out that the lume looks washed isn't right. He wasn't being a dick, your picture simply isn't good enough as my first though on seeing it was also that the lume was absent.

2. If you're making this claim about it being the best in the world (and it may be), you need to expect some discussion around that claim.

Rochete, felsby, bimbim1207 and 35 others like this.
  11. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 3, 2018

Ignoring this specific watch for a minute and speaking generally:

I am curious, regarding the original fit bracelet, bearing in mind the Ultraman was based on the 145.012 case, is the 1116 not seen as that was a common fit for the std watch? Or like the dial and hand was this modified and an earlier model bracelet fitted?

Vintagewtchzilla likes this.
  12. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 3, 2018

It’s the usual superlative sales speech ...
    I’ve heard one selling for 45k mine is nicer.
    I know personally at least 3 nicer ones than yours but who cares.

What does this mean.
    What currency ?
    How can u say yours is nicer when u have only heard of the other?
    Bracelet wise at this asking price i would at least expect a 1039/516 In the same condition as the watch.

stefman, Kmart, lando and 6 others like this.
  13. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 3, 2018

...plus a backrub, a foot massage and tea with The Queen!

stefman, Kmart, Redbirdsfan70 and 9 others like this.
  14. kov Trüffelschwein. Oct 3, 2018

I think people who have been interested into Ultraman Speedmasters for a couple of years now know exactly

a) how many have been observed so far
    b) at least as good or better ones do exist

I won't criticize the asking, but I did laugh loud about that description :rolleyes:

kreyke, Kmart, Baz9614 and 7 others like this.
  15. igloe Oct 3, 2018

Yes, yours here is great watch !!

repoman likes this.
  16. guaranteed.rohu Oct 3, 2018

looks amazing GLWS

17. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Oct 3, 2018

Anyone have the link for the one that sold for $45k?

sdre likes this.
  18. guaranteed.rohu Oct 3, 2018

Not trying to be annoying - but your dial and the one for sale look pretty similar/identical to me in terms of glossiness? Comparing the photo of yours to the piece for sale. It's not really a particularly glossy dial to begin with, compared to rolex 'gloss dials' for example.

Also lume ages differently on every single watch right, and you can see in the low light photos that there is a carmel-yellow colour to the lume on his piece.

Just playing devil's advocate to your devil's advocate, good to have some healthy scrutiny of an 80k watch!

gminnj and fskywalker like this.
  19. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 3, 2018

Ok don’t wanna teach u.

His amd my dial are totally different. To be precise yes glossy is wrong in general it’s described as silk gloss. His is most likely standard matte dial.

Lume ages different true but not on the ultraman as they run in one batch. Every ultraman looks more or less similar in lume color

How many ultraman did u already hold in your hand ? Not speaking of pics on the web

Edited Oct 3, 2018
  20. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 3, 2018

Kmart, Uniqez, OWa and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.