Ebay item damaged in shipping, seller refuses to refund

I received a shotgun part that was new in the photos but the bluing was all scuffed up when I received it. I initiated a 'not as described' claim. Later on the seller protested, and eBay decided to re-evaluate the case, after I had sent the item back. This is very unusual, since in my experience, 'item not as described' means automatic refund. I have been in that situation both as a seller and as a buyer. Long story short, eBay sat on it for three months, and I went the PayPal route and got my money back. My advise is give eBay 90 days. Then consider PayPal. Good luck, eBay has always been a PIA, but it is getting worse. eBay closed the case, a few days after I went to PayPal for resolution.

I received a shotgun part that was new in the photos but the bluing was all scuffed up when I received it. I initiated a 'not as described' claim. Later on the seller protested, and eBay decided to re-evaluate the case, after I had sent the item back. This is very unusual, since in my experience, 'item not as described' means automatic refund. I have been in that situation both as a seller and as a buyer. Long story short, eBay sat on it for three months, and I went the PayPal route and got my money back. My advise is give eBay 90 days. Then consider PayPal. Good luck, eBay has always been a PIA, but it is getting worse. eBay closed the case, a few days after I went to PayPal for resolution.
Sounds like you had a real hassle. A refund was issued to my account today after the three day waiting period. I am glad to be done with it and the seller didn't cause any more trouble.

Sounds like you had a real hassle. A refund was issued to my account today after the three day waiting period. I am glad to be done with it and the seller didn't cause any more trouble.
Super glad you got it resolved.