Forums Latest Members

DOXA Sub 300 Black Lung Reissue

1. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 2, 2017

Kmart likes this.
  2. lwong Oct 2, 2017

Which just about depleted any remaining stock on Doxa's site... Now listed as out of stock. Pretty respectable, clearing out the 300 pieces in a day.

Kmart, bazamu, pascs and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kmart Oct 2, 2017

For the record... I did end up pre ordering one. :thumbsup:

Found out about it on Saturday night and decided I would do it if the price was right. Woke up at 5 AM on Sunday morning to multiple DMs from @Jwit (sent 12:03 AM :D) and with little hesitation I pulled the trigger. I feel like I owe it to myself to own a Doxa at some point, and this is definitely the one. Plus, the reason I was up so early was to actually go diving with some brand new Aqua Lung gear! It was fate.

Emeister and Jwit like this.
  4. Ninja2789 Oct 2, 2017

Yeah. As soon as hodinkee featured it I knew you were going to see a bump. However I'm on the site and it looks like you can still add a pre-ordered to your cart. Better get in on it before they all go.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a spill over effect to the remaining 50th reissues. I understand the arguments some of those who purchased the 50th reissue made. However, I feel this is an inherent risk of the hobby. I could've bought a 60th speedy reissue and then Omega comes out with an Ed White remake the next year. I feel you just have to make a decision on what you're comfortable missing out on.

Man. If Doxa puts out a white lung and a searmabler variant I'm going to be out a lot of money . . .

Edited Oct 2, 2017
    Kmart, Emeister and Jwit like this.
  5. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 2, 2017

Multiple DMs is saying it lightly. It’s a good thing I didn’t have your phone number ::facepalm1::

FA859E0B-98CA-496E-AFEF-F5A313A43705.png
  6. Kmart Oct 2, 2017

Thankfully the 5 hours didn't make a difference. :p

Jwit likes this.
  7. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Oct 2, 2017

I think you've phrased what I was feeling in a much better way. I am aware that I do struggle to not come across as negative.

I was swept up at the announcement of Omega's 60th Anniversary editions. Especially the Seamaster. However there was absolutely no way I could afford one. That didn't stop me spending days strategising what changes I could make to my life and possessions to make it work. Once I did get to that stage though I looked at the Seamaster again, with calmer eyes, and realised that there were a few things that didn't make it "the one" that deserved those sacrifices. There were still 'adjustments' that I believed Omega could make in the future, though there is always the risk that they won't.

I'm very happy with how this Doxa 300 Black Lung looks. You also have to give Doxa a bit of credit for not trying to massively increase prices over previous releases, which they could easily have tried.

The Black Lung is in a different league to the Seamaster 300, though I'm still going to struggle to afford it, but you do these things for your addictions. ;)

Jwit likes this.
  8. amiga500 Oct 2, 2017

Thanks for the heads up. I dithered over the weekend and thought I missed out. Just got my order in [emoji3]

Jwit likes this.
  9. Ninja2789 Oct 2, 2017

My man, I am so glad to hear this. This situation was exactly why I checked the site despite already having my own reservation. I remember missing out on that Hodinkee Skipper and just feeling CRRRUUUUUSSSHHHHEEEEDDD.

Happy to help others miss out on that feeling of purgatory.

10. Ninja2789 Oct 2, 2017

I too am a prisoner of my own device.

It's funny almost how similar this Black Lung is to the original. Some would argue this takes away from the value of vintage by making such a close replica, but I disagree. For starters, the Doxa collecting community is small but very aware of the history and stories behind the brand. If anything, I think you're going to see a growing number of Doxa enthusiast that will appreciate what a great looking watch this Black Lung is and then start looking for their own 300 no-T subs.

Of course, this probably means my competition for finding one of these vintage Doxas has just increased exponentially.

Damn it.

11. Ninja2789 Oct 3, 2017

Ok. Now it's sold out. For real.

Jwit likes this.
  12. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Nov 13, 2017

Have paid the final deposit on the Black Lung.
    Hoping for delivery before Christmas. Be good to me Australian Customs. :)

Screenshot_2017-11-14-06-52-09.png
    Does that look like a yellow aqua-lung logo on a Sharkhunter on Jason Heaton's wrist?

Got raised on WUS but the poster removed his screenshot.
    [On Jason's "insta-story" on Instagram, click on his profile picture, 2nd picture]

Edited Nov 13, 2017
  13. Ninja2789 Nov 13, 2017

Man, I forgot to refresh and pay today so now i gotta wait allllll the way until Friday.

Also, I thought it is hilarious that someone is already posting a WTT for his black lung he hasn't received yet. Kind of putting the cart before the horse there.

14. Kmart Nov 13, 2017

Paid my final deposit as well! Very excited to put some underwater mileage on it next year.

15. Waltesefalcon Nov 27, 2017

Great looking watch, I wish I had the funds for it. On the other hand I would probably think twice about a watch called the black lung.

16. Drawarms Nov 28, 2017

Is the case the same size as an original no T case?

17. bubba48 Nov 28, 2017

Probably the first Doxa "diver"

doxa impermeable (1).jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

doxa impermeable (4).jpg

Some progress has been made. Doesn't it? :D

Jwit likes this.
  18. 2ar2c1 Nov 30, 2017

that sealing crown is quite nice.

19. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Dec 2, 2017

#171 arrived in Australia on Wednesday.
    To be honest I was a little bit unsure when I opened the box and I left it in there with all the stickers on until today. It just seemed slimmer than I'd expected from photos and anticipated from having vintage 300T's.
    The crystal will definitely take some getting used to.
    First wrist shot. I can't compete with the other pictures already online.
    2017-12-03 10.30.20.jpg

Not a watch that you can easily get past the significant other with the "I've had this one for ages, you've seen this one before" line.

speedamatuer likes this.
  20. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Dec 2, 2017

Probably the best comparison (measurements and side by side pics) are on Dr. Pete Millers site:
    http://www.doxa300t.com/sub300/300searambler.htm

Edited Dec 2, 2017
    Scarecrow Boat likes this.