1967 Blacklung Doxa SUB 300 Professional

Posts
310
Likes
341
I just got my sub 300 back from the shop. The dial is an almost perfectly executed redial and the hands are from a 300T but otherwise everything is original. My watch woman kept it for 2 years as she had issues with the movement so i had to source another movement to use for parts. It is now working perfectly well and is the perfect wearer. It even passed the waterproof test. I really lucked out on this one when i bought it, as genuine sub 300s are hard to get and the redial makes it all the more attractive and i have zero concerns about damaging it.
Case has never been polished, case back has a faint serial number and crown is the original Doxa branded one. Crystal is the correct raised one but i do not know if it is original.
Bezel is beautiful and original but of course not the correct one for a black lung Doxa as the gradations are in meters not feet.

 
Posts
310
Likes
341
Yup, double posting. I thought i could remove the other one but i cannot.
 
Posts
20
Likes
23
Congratulations for such as lovely vintage Doxa!! Mine was a 1971 Synchron era.
Have you read articles of Dr Peter MC Clean? He is an expert in Doxa vintage watches and has written 2 or 3 books about them.
Regards
 
Posts
310
Likes
341
Congratulations for such as lovely vintage Doxa!! Mine was a 1971 Synchron era.
Have you read articles of Dr Peter MC Clean? He is an expert in Doxa vintage watches and has written 2 or 3 books about them.
Regards
Thank you, it is indeed a great watch. I went diving with it this summer 😀
I own 3 other vintage doxas (all with the Aqualung logo) and i do know Peter. He is a great guy, he actually showed me how to customize a modern bead of rice bracelet to fit the lugs. I will post pics with the bead of rice bracelet that i installed.