Down the Landeron rabbit hole ...

I think I will need to use the stories section to do this justace. I have actually been making notes attemtpting to sort out my chronographs. In the process of restoring the first Landeron 48 I attempted to make sense of what I have https://omegaforums.net/threads/on-the-bench-landeron-48.149921/#post-2046401

The problem is rabbits tend to breed. Sometimes this happens when one finds an extra part, that seems to apear from no where (Like the case core and bezel being used for the 'goat' movement that was the subject of the watchmaking thread.

Other times, one aquires things through online auction sites or materials houses. So I thought I would take a moment and share the latest binge from last weekend, which is now here. The short of it is I had 7 landeron movements. Three of these are candidates for restoration. I have named these 'goat', 'rabbit' an 'mouse'

Mouse and rabbit, have issues requiring parts. So I found an auction where two 'parts' movements were up for acution. These had gone unsold for weeks, the seller relisting them, with lower prices each week. I got the lot for the cost of the individual parts I need. s-l1600_lan925B.jpg s-l1600_lan925A.jpg
These items arrived today. What is interesting is they came from Florida. The tracking was sort of strange. I thought perhaps they might be under water as there was no update all week other than an estimate that delivery was sheduled monday. More curious was the tracking had them local, then 60 miles away, then they were in my mailbox.

Of course I could hardly wait to see what I got. So I immediately disassembled them.
IMG_3475.png
As expected the movements were pretty sparse, It looks like there will be enough parts to restore the next two landerons. Not sure what the extra dial fits, the feet are not in the normal place and the dial is for a smaller movement. The seconds pivots are also bent. One was so bent I broke it attempting to straighten it, for removal. but that is par for the course. It seems that some sacrifices to the watch gods are required.

I now have 9 landeron movements. They really do seem to breed like rabbits ...

-j