Forums Latest Members
  1. Sared May 2, 2020

Dear All,
    I have done some research on this omega- very entry level I know, but I am drawing a blank. I have discovered that this serial number makes it a 1995 watch but I cannot find the movement number- 1432 linked to a constellation like this on the Omega website. Any guidance would be great. I am looking for an affordable Omega for my sons 21st.
    Thank you
    Sarah

1CA9CDA6-974C-4F96-AD0D-5F7D1A780D1F.jpeg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 2, 2020

Based on the photos it looks genuine to me but the condition of the hands and dial lead me to believe that it's has water ingress in the past.

If it was me I'd pass.

ChrisN likes this.
  3. ChrisN May 2, 2020

Mid to late nineties sounds about right for that watch but, as @JimInOz says, the condition is poor and it may take money to make it run consistently. It will always look poor with that dial damage.

If you give an idea of your budget and which country you're in, it might be possible to show something that won't be a money pit - which they can be, sadly.

Good luck, Chris

4. Sared May 2, 2020

Thank you for your replies. I did wonder what would cause the damage on the dial. The budget is about £500-600 . This version of the Constellation with the black dial would be ideal. Any advice would be great. Thank you

5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers May 2, 2020

I believe this is called the Manhattan collection. This one’s had a few too many maybe ;)

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 2, 2020

Not a Manhattan, they were slightly different (hands etc). It's a 396.1201 (Omega 1502).
    The hands are susceptible to corrosion as you can see on mine, although the dial is perfect.

Con1502.JPG

Sared and DaveK like this.
  7. TraderSantiago May 3, 2020

Looks genuine, but in pretty rough shape. If you want an affordable Omega, check eBay. There'll always be a great example for under £600.

You might have a look at the Geneve Dynamic, if it's to your taste? (Quite a few examples are in your price range)

y01knxawtuh11.jpg

cassius66 and Sared like this.
  8. ChrisN May 3, 2020

You should be able to get something for that even in UK where our prices are higher. Have you looked at the private sales forum here? There are few quartz watches but you might see something to expand your search. We are not all spending thousands on watches and there are some within your budget - just some examples and I'm not saying either might be suitable:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-constellation-f300-ref-198-001-400.112118/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-cosmic-reference-136-022-400.112237/

The Constellation was the top of the range and available in quartz and mechanical calibres. The latter would be more money and need more regular servicing so probably not for you. If you buy an unserviced mechanical movement watch, it could take half of your budget to service it and be careful when eBay sellers say "serviced". A quartz service would be about half that.

The one Jim shows is similar to the one you were looking at and he's given the model number and calibre (movement design number) which should help when searching. A black dial might be more difficult.

If you see something from outside the EU, then bear in mind it will incur a further 22% import duties.

Whatever you see, post here for opinions and hopefully, someone will help with the condition and so on.

Best wishes, Chris

Sared likes this.