Forums Latest Members

Do they use Ti spring bars in the titanium watches?

1. fc3861 Mar 8, 2021

Hello,

Does anyone know for sure if Omega uses titanium spring bars for watches that have titanium cases and bracelets? Or do they just use the standard stainless steel ones?

Thanks,
    Frank

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 8, 2021

No - stainless steel.

3. fc3861 Mar 8, 2021

Thank you Archer! A follow up question if you don't mind. Is it a must to use the curved spring bars on a NATO strap?

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 8, 2021

I've worn NATO straps for years, and have never used a curved spring bar for them...

5. AntonisCy Mar 8, 2021

What about full platinum or gold watches Al?

6. fc3861 Mar 8, 2021

Thanks Archer, is it true though that Omega supplies a curved spring bar if a watch is sold with a NATO strap? I don't remember where I was reading about curved spring bars now. I'm not sure what the advantage would be with those. Logically, I would think a curved spring bar would pull out more easily.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 8, 2021

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 8, 2021

Yes, I've read that they do supply curved bars for NATO straps. Again, I've never had an issue using straight bars, so to me there's not really any compelling reason to use a curved bar.

9. cvalue13 Mar 8, 2021

depending on how you look at things, I believe it comes down to how thick the NATO is; if a NATO’s material is too thick, and the lug to case circumference just so, then you could in theory “need” curved bars for a NATO. I believe this was the stated rationale for why some Omega NATO came with such.

other watches have curved straps to create a cleaner/tighter strap look, and for that reason use curved bars

10. AntonisCy Mar 8, 2021

I agree but i can also see it from Omega's perspective because the latest OEM NATO i bought is a combo of leather and nylon and it was very hard for me to cross it between the case and the straight spring bar. But still i managed.

11. AntonisCy Mar 8, 2021

Wonder if its cost saving reasons or something else. Gold Rolex watches have gold spring bars.

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 8, 2021

Sure, if you want to use curved bars, then go ahead. The question that was asked is if they are a "
    must" and they certainly are not from my perspective. But then again I would never pay what Omega wants for a NATO strap either.

SS is stronger than gold...

italy1861, AntonisCy and blufinz52 like this.
  13. gpstar Mar 8, 2021

Omega provided straight springbars to me when I ordered a NATO from them. FYI, the straight springbars they provided are slightly longer than the ones used on the metal bracelet.

Pazzo likes this.