Did anyone bid on this eBay 145.012?

The photos were limited and not very detailed. I saw the listing too late to do any real due diligence so I passed on it. It sold for $5,788 USD. As best I can tell, it appears to have a DNN instead of a DON.

From Peru from a guy with one seller feedback...

Not everyone's cup of tea 馃槈

From Peru from a guy with one seller feedback...

Not everyone's cup of tea 馃槈
Exactly why I didn鈥檛 bid. Was just curious if anyone else did.

A year ago i would have said "Just buy it. If something goes wrong, eBay will reimburse you." Lately, though, I've read about scammers who somehow manage to find or create fake FedEx tracking numbers that say (in effect) "This package was delivered to 123 Elm Street on July 5, 2021." When eBay looks up the tracking number---case closed. Super scary.

A year ago i would have said "Just buy it. If something goes wrong, eBay will reimburse you." Lately, though, I've read about scammers who somehow manage to find or create fake FedEx tracking numbers that say (in effect) "This package was delivered to 123 Elm Street on July 5, 2021." When eBay looks up the tracking number---case closed. Super scary.
Yes this has happened to me - that listing is way to good for a new eBayer it must be a scam

You mean it says it is delivered to YOUR address? How the heck do they do that? Yikes.

You mean it says it is delivered to YOUR address? How the heck do they do that? Yikes.
Yes indeed. I have no idea how they do it.

Yes indeed. I have no idea how they do it.
So ebay and Fedex did nothing to investigate that fraud? How the heck?

Since the watch is $2,000+ wouldn't it go through the Ebay authentication process? Buyer, pays for watch. Watch gets sent to Ebay for inspection, then Ebay forwards the watch on to the buyer.

Since the watch is $2,000+ wouldn't it go through the Ebay authentication process? Buyer, pays for watch. Watch gets sent to Ebay for inspection, then Ebay forwards the watch on to the buyer.
Only if the buyer of this piece was located in the US.