Dial damage from moisture

Hello, last friday, some moisture condensed on the watch crystal of my Constellation (not even droplets, just a bit of fog), after being indoors for a bit it went away and now the dial has this darker spot on it, which kinda pisses me off. Should i do something with it or will i just make things worse? I have no idea how something like that is even possible... IMG_7592.jpg

The damage is only going to get worse- get the watch into a ziplock of rice with the crown in the set position (will allow some moisture to escape) and get it to a watchmaker asap. Either the back or crown seal (or both) is toast and let moisture in.

I have no idea how something like that is even possible...
Unfortunately, moisture ingress is one of the most common causes of dial damage.

Unfortunately, moisture ingress is one of the most common causes of dial damage.
Ham-fisted watchmaker is second

i might be wrong, but i initially thought that the moisture didnt get inside, that it was just the one already in condensing. I wore it on a hot day and it started to rain, so couple droplets got on it...

The damage is only going to get worse- get the watch into a ziplock of rice with the crown in the set position (will allow some moisture to escape) and get it to a watchmaker asap. Either the back or crown seal (or both) is toast and let moisture in.
i will, thanks for the reply

i might be wrong, but i initially thought that the moisture didnt get inside, that it was just the one already in condensing. I wore it on a hot day and it started to rain, so couple droplets got on it...
Moisture can certainly get inside a watch unless it is properly sealed. And you don't know if it is sealed unless you have the watch pressure checked.

I don’t wear any of my vintage pieces (unless pressure tested) on hot humid days. Even the moisture from your skin can get inside if the seals aren’t 100%. And watches from the 10’s-40’s don’t even think about it- you are begging for moisture ingress. That said, you don’t have to take your vintage watch off when washing your hands (you get good at the downward angle under the faucet) and just be conscious around water. I carry a small ziplock in my bag (as does my wife since she has a decent collection of vintage watches- the sickness is contagious) and if either of us get caught in the rain- watch comes off and into the baggie.

I don’t wear any of my vintage pieces (unless pressure tested) on hot humid days. Even the moisture from your skin can get inside if the seals aren’t 100%. And watches from the 10’s-40’s don’t even think about it- you are begging for moisture ingress. That said, you don’t have to take your vintage watch off when washing your hands (you get good at the downward angle under the faucet) and just be conscious around water. I carry a small ziplock in my bag (as does my wife since she has a decent collection of vintage watches- the sickness is contagious) and if either of us get caught in the rain- watch comes off and into the baggie.
thanks for that tip; something like that happened to me for the first time, i'll be more careful next time too, sucks that it had to happen to this watch, but it's my most worn one too so it makes sense...

The other day it was hot, humid, and started raining (jersey summer!) -- I almost went out in a vintage piece and heard James on my shoulder, scolding me, so I went back inside and donned a modern piece. I have no emergency watch bag ... yet. My wife carries an apocalypse bag, so seems like an easy add. lol

thanks for that tip; something like that happened to me for the first time, i'll be more careful next time too, sucks that it had to happen to this watch, but it's my most worn one too so it makes sense...
Only happens to us once…hopefully

This is now a thing I do. Thank you!