Debating between these two - 1st vintage purchase

The Jonelle cased lyre lug model in interesting. That looks like a domestic version of a Connie 2852 case so maybe Normal Morris or whoever used the same cases for a cheaper uncertified 17J 500 calibre version without sub branding. There is AFAIK no Swiss equivalent to that watch.

Yes, I'd noticed that too regarding the similarities to a 2852 type case. I'd definitely take it over the C-case, especially so with that extremely clean looking waffle dial. The crown doesn't really look right though?

Yes, I'd noticed that too regarding the similarities to a 2852 type case. I'd definitely take it over the C-case, especially so with that extremely clean looking waffle dial. The crown doesn't really look right though?
No and at the back of my mind is the worry that it is a put together. Nice looking thing all the same.

I love gold, I love '57 Omega styling - both their dials and their cases, I admire Omega 500 series movements. This isn't a hard decision.
Have to agree. The ‘57 for me.

I have formed a grudging admiration for the C-Cased Constellations and wouldn't mind on in the collection. Padder's offering suits me better for it has no cluttering day feature as does that '72 vintage.

No and at the back of my mind is the worry that it is a put together. Nice looking thing all the same.

I've got no idea with these US case refs

Price isn't low for C-Case, I'm selling a date-only one right now and almost half the price

For that price aim for a 751 cal. one

Maybe I’m being a bit of a snob but I would look for a 5 series C case Connie rather than have a 7 series.

Both seem quite expensive - at $1900 dollars I’d say the gold was steeply priced but I like gold watches and that dial is very attractive. Still, I’d pass on both I think.

Personally I think the C case is more versatile, and they really, really grow on you over time😀

There is something very pleasant about a sharp, slightly weighty, gold vintage watch when held in the hand.

That said, go with the one that you will wear more often. I still reach for my first vintage omega. I'm glad I had it as my first.

I appreciate everyone's perspective and the discussion. I have learned a bunch and you all have been very welcoming and helpful to me just getting into this collecting. I made my choice and purchased @padders C case 561 chronometer that another user posted the link to in the thread earlier. Looking forward to this first one!

I appreciate everyone's perspective and the discussion. I have learned a bunch and you all have been very welcoming and helpful to me just getting into this collecting. I made my choice and purchased @padders C case 561 chronometer that another user posted the link to in the thread earlier. Looking forward to this first one!

I'm sure you’ll enjoy it. Post your own wristies when it arrives. Here’s one of @padders sale thread for others to view

That would have been my choice of the three, and I probably would have considered it when I saw it come up for sale this morning if I was seriously in the market for another watch. Nice 1st (of many if you're not careful) vintage watch for sure.

An excellent choice for your first vintage Omega.

You might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment!

Excellent choice. In my opinion, you got the best of the three. Wear it in good health!

Gold is the new steel! Can’t beat that classic look. Also there is the added hassle of the day date mechanism which in my limited experience would not only prove useless but added cost to service as well.