Forums Latest Members

De Ville chronograph 9300 movement issues - Advice please

1. phez8050 Aug 25, 2019

I purchased this Omega new in April 2019.

On running the chronograph for the first time, discovered the chronograph hour hand failed to show the correct elapsed time. After 24 hours the chronograph hour hand was 45 minutes behind. Omega have confirmed the chronograph can be used as a Second Time zone. Over 17 days it had lost 10 hours!!!

It’s been back to Omega TWICE to correct the issue but they have FAILED to fix it! It is returned with exactly the same issue and discrepancy.

The AD fails to see there is anything wrong despite Omega saying there is a fault so they won’t do anything.

I’m pressing Omega to provide a replacement as per the wording in their warranty.

I’ve sent the watch back for a THIRD time but refusing to accept it back.

Other than opening a dispute with my credit card company, am I right to press Omega for a replacement?

2. ConElPueblo Aug 25, 2019

Look at consumer law in your country - which is..? - in Denmark you'd qualify for your money back or a new watch by the third try.

3. phez8050 Aug 25, 2019

Thank you. I’m in the UK but to get a refund I will need to start a dispute via the credit card company.

Here any refund is from the store not direct from Omega. The store will NOT acknowledge a fault despite Omega saying there is!