Forums Latest Members
  1. GSOTM Nov 28, 2016

Hello all!

So.... As we all know, the 9300 movement can be kept running and using the minutes and hours sub-register as a second-time-zone.

What I cannot seem to get my head around is (for example), is as I am based in the UK, If I set the chronograph running at midday (to keep track of the hometime element), and then went abroad, can I pull out the crown to quickset the hour without-

a) Completely killing the movement and making it a very expensive mistake

b) stopping the running seconds.

I have contacted 3 London Omega Boutiques.

1 said "Yep no problem", the other said "No not at all" and the third one I spent so long explaining that they had no idea and thought I was talking about a GMT function, so was totally useless.

Help!

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 28, 2016

So to massively simplify your question. You want to know of you can set the watch while the Chrono is running.

Corrrect?

If so there should be no issues. But the watch will hack and the Chrono will stop during the setting process.

You can verify this with your manual containing no warnings about setting the time with the Chrono running.

3. billyblue Nov 28, 2016

I'm no help to your question really, but shouldn't the watch be designed in a way that there is no way you could do damage to the movement by operating the crown in any possible way?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 28, 2016

As far as I know the 9300 allows you to pull the crown to position one without hacking it and move the hour hand independently in order to both change the date and timezones. If you're using that feature it should not have any impact on the chronograph or timekeeping and is intended for precisely that purpose.

RegF, Riviera Paradise and Archer like this.
  5. w.finkenstaedt Nov 28, 2016

Exactly. First crown pull allows the movement to run while adjusting the hour hand and the date.

So OP, yes the watch can work exactly as you think. Just don't pull the crown all the way out to stop the seconds and minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  6. GSOTM Nov 29, 2016

Hi,

Thank you for the information,

Yes, that is precisely the way I want it to work, having the chrono running, but just pulling out the crown to set the hours.

Its my first mechanical chrono at the age of 31, so I know nothing, but have the self-awareness to know I know nothing (18 year old me would have just fiddled with it until it broke)!!

Thanks again guys!

7. GSOTM Dec 1, 2016

Has anyone tested the theory?

Cheers

8. w.finkenstaedt Dec 1, 2016

It's not a theory, that's how the movement works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. WurstEver Dec 1, 2016

What a coincidence! It just so happens that I'm travelling internationally with my Speedy 9300 at the moment and I almost always use the combined chrono subdial to track home time. With the end of the month yesterday being the 30th, I needed to adjust the date, which I did by pulling the crown out to position 1 and moving the hour hand through two full revolutions. I'm happy to report that the movement (including chrono) kept running during the adjustment and, at least for now, it appears that all is well :thumbsup: