Correct Second Hand on this Coathanger Seamaster?

I recently picked up the cal 552 (I believe) with the Coathanger "S" and just realized that the second hand doesn't extend all the way to the minute markers.

s-l1600.jpg

Without knowing the ref for sure, I did some searching on the Cal. 552 Seamasters and realized while some have the second hand extending all the way to the minutes markers, there are examples that came back like mine.

So is this the correct second hand on mine? If not, how hard is it to obtain the correct one?

Thanks!

Stumbled upon another example with short second hand Omega_Seamaster_AS03045_6.jpg

Does the tip look neat and properly finished? I’ve seen a couple of these where the tip has broken off

Like 1
Does the tip look neat and properly finished? I’ve seen a couple of these where the tip has broken off

Interesting that you mentioned that because I had that theory too. Well the second hand tips on the two examples I had here are not pointy but flat straight. Maybe the tip actually broke up. All good to me though as long as it's the hand the comes with the watch, I was just worried about hand that came from another watch.

Another one that I found, and interestingly they're all non-date eI83KQU.jpeg

I've seen a few with short seconds hands. Also, I learned a new term today...Coathanger Seamaster. I like it!

Like 2
To me, these have a broken tip.
Thanks, I’m leaning towards this theory more and more and I think it’s part of the charm.

Another one that I found, and interestingly they're all non-date eI83KQU.jpeg

Sweep hand color doesn't match other parts

I recently picked up the cal 552 (I believe) with the Coathanger "S" and just realized that the second hand doesn't extend all the way to the minute markers.

s-l1600.jpg

Without knowing the ref for sure, I did some searching on the Cal. 552 Seamasters and realized while some have the second hand extending all the way to the minutes markers, there are examples that came back like mine.

So is this the correct second hand on mine? If not, how hard is it to obtain the correct one?

Thanks!

Case reference number on inside case back. You can Google search other models to check the hands.

My models always had sweep hands that reached the minute marks. problem is. A sweep hand is $33 retail and not including s/h (now) and for some watchmakers. Just taking a hand that fits out of the stash box was easier than ordering one

If you Google Omega 552 Seamaster. You will see many with the correct sweep hand

Quite common for these to have broken tips so that’s certainly possible here. I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but just an FYI that your watch’s hour and minute hand have been relumed, so at some point, someone did attend to the hands and if the seconds hand was as oxidized, (or corroded, or whatever), as the others, it may have been replaced at that point

Quite common for these to have broken tips so that’s certainly possible here. I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but just an FYI that your watch’s hour and minute hand have been relumed, so at some point, someone did attend to the hands and if the seconds hand was as oxidized, (or corroded, or whatever), as the others, it may have been replaced at that point
Thanks. How can you tell if the hands are relumed. Is it the white in color?

white hand(s) on white or silver dial :eek: : IMO mumbai-edition
Can you explain a bit more on this? Is the lume supposed to be yellowish for the age?

Can you explain a bit more on this? Is the lume supposed to be yellowish for the age?
The issue is not the lume but the lack of contrast : complete white hands over white surface. A challenge for your eyes.
Would Omega do this? (except jewelry / fashion watches)

The issue is not the lume but the lack of contrast : complete white hands over white surface. A challenge for your eyes.
Would Omega do this?

Silver hands on a silver dial is the most mundane thing on Omega watches.

Maybe I misunderstood @mqtri

Is it the white in color?

referring to lume?