Forums Latest Members

Constellation Globemaster Strap/Bracelet Options

1. RobbBobb9 Jan 25, 2020

I'm very taken with the Constellation Globemaster, particularly the tungsten carbide bezeled model with the blue leather strap, but also like the steel bracelet. I've been looking to see if either strap is available aftermarket, but have drawn a blank. Has anyone managed to do a deal and managed and get both at the time of purchase with a discount?

Finally, can anyone recommend a good AD to deal with? I have a Watches of Switzerland, Goldsmiths, Beaverbrooks and an Ernest Jones nearby, but the Internet isn't throwing up a lot of options TBH... (Can travel pretty much anywhere.)

Thanks.

Screenshot_20200125_132610.jpg
    Edited Jan 25, 2020
  2. Katana Jan 25, 2020

I managed to pick up the steel bracelet on eBay a while back for a good deal, and also saw another one on eBay a few months ago, so even though they rarely come up, the do come up. Some don’t like the feel of the bracelets sharp edge, or that it doesn’t have micro adjustments or half links, so find its hard to fit their wrists, which I’m assuming are some of the reasons they sale the bracelet.

RobbBobb9 likes this.
  3. RobbBobb9 Jan 25, 2020

I think I prefer the look of the blue strap on the whole, but would like the option to switch it to the steel bracelet. I'm hoping to do a deal and buy the watch with both...

Katana likes this.
  4. Katana Jan 25, 2020

I understand where you’re coming from. The strap is really comfortable, makes the watch much lighter and contrasts nicely with the case. I got the bracelets for the summer as leather just doesn’t work in the heat where I’m at, otherwise I’d have this on the strap year round. The advice I’ve read on here is that it’s typically better to get it on the bracelet and try to strike a deal with the strap and deployant as an add on as those are cheaper than getting the bracelet afterwards. I made the mistake of getting it on the strap first, but was lucky enough to find the bracelet from a seller at half the retail so it evened out, but I guess it’s not a method you can realistically rely on. Good luck. I’m a huge fan of the Globemaster and feel it’s really underrated.

5. osc Jan 25, 2020

This is my next watch too. Will probably get it on the bracelet and then source or make strap options for myself. I do like the deployment clasp so I'd end up getting that from the dealer.

6. Capt Cave Man Jan 25, 2020

The Globemaster is creeping up my want list although I've yet to handle one for size, a vintage 145.022-69 Speedmaster is on my hit list first...

7. osc Jan 25, 2020

Group buy anyone ? :D
    (is there even such a thing for watches?)