Forums Latest Members
  1. anthonyp97 May 20, 2020

Hi,

I currently own this Constellation 168.017 and am wondering if anyone can tell me if the dial is original. I believe it is original as I've compared it with many other c case connie pictures however I just want to be certain on its originality. I've already confirmed the 561 movement is correct, but I just want to focus on the dial.

Thanks,
    AP

https://imgur.com/a/REKhsci

2. Bumper May 20, 2020

Please post pics, not links, as they disappear & will render the thread useless.

Dial looks good to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 20, 2020

Looks good to me too.
    But also another candidate for ‘they also produced C cases with plain, not just radially brushed bezels’ .

anthonyp97 and ConElPueblo like this.
  4. ConElPueblo May 20, 2020

I had a 168.017 which I sold here with the same "issue". I noted the condition in the FS post, but always felt that it was correct - have seen a few like it since.

anthonyp97 and Peemacgee like this.
  5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 20, 2020

Although, in his blog essay, Desmond (@mondodec ) opines that he thinks all of the plain bezels were radially brushed, there are just too many of them (that don't look polished) to dismiss the fact that they could very well have been produced with none brushed bezels too.
    - and given that all of the uncommon 168.008s that have turned up appear to have unbrushed silver bezels it kind of sets a pattern.

anthonyp97 likes this.
  6. anthonyp97 May 20, 2020

Thanks for your help guys!