Forums Latest Members
  1. Dimitris Feb 12, 2020

So In person I will see much more flaws than the pictures show right?

2. Shabbaz Feb 12, 2020

I do think if you put that watch in the sun (with those markers) with a nice alligator strap on it, it will look much better then on these pictures.

I say... go

Dimitris likes this.
  3. Shabbaz Feb 12, 2020

Other way around

Dan S likes this.
  4. Dan S Feb 12, 2020

Maybe, but I was actually saying the opposite - it will probably look better in person. The high resolution photos show the fine damage to the dial and hairline scratches on the case. In person, this dial may just look patinated and the scratches may not be so noticeable.

Dimitris likes this.
  5. Dimitris Feb 12, 2020

Well I hope so then fingers crossed ! Its just that I have in the back of my head that a better example might come at that price that bothers me, but on the other side there will be always better examples and bargains

6. Shabbaz Feb 12, 2020

I think finding a better example for the same price would be quite difficult. Not impossible though. You could also save up a bit a few months more and buy a better example. Your choice. Good luck!

Dimitris likes this.
  7. Dan S Feb 12, 2020

I understand that you have a budget, but I would encourage you to focus more on the condition. You are lucky to be able to see the watch in-person. As I mentioned above, if you're happy with the condition, and wearing the watch will give you joy, then just buy it. The price is ok. If the watch doesn't make you happy, then save funds for a better example. The only opinion that matters is your own.

Dimitris likes this.
  8. Dimitris Feb 12, 2020

Any other opinions are very welcome :) !

9. Peter_from_NL Feb 13, 2020

Depends on where you are. I live in the Netherlands and 510 euro is cheap. Gives some room for replacing parts. On this forum I noted a few times before that Omega prices for “average vintage” pieces in the US are substantially lower. No idea why. I paid 1150 euro for a Pie Pan that I am slowly changing towards 100% original. NOS hands are underway. The PZ5140 glass I cannot (yet) find. In the US the price would have been a few hundred lower. So I would say do it when in Europe with access to the items as noted above.

Dimitris likes this.
  10. janice&fred Feb 13, 2020

i like it, and as Dan mentioned it could look much better in person on the wrist than in close-up pics. Sometimes better to take the entire look of the watch into consideration rather than focus on minor details.

I agree. Sometimes comparing watches and pricing online can be confusing as there is a significant difference in supply and price depending on location. The price for this piece might be a bit higher than here in the states but at least the OP is fortunate to be able to hold the watch in his hands before purchasing. As I said I like the watch. I seems like an honest example of an old watch.

Dimitris likes this.
  11. lindo Feb 13, 2020

I agree. The price seems reasonable (subject to in hand examination to make sure it is working!) and it is a nice starter to collecting Constellations.

Dimitris likes this.
  12. TropicConnie Feb 14, 2020

That price is great if it comes with proof of service. In Australia I'd expect to pay $2200+ for a white dial dogleg Connie with a recent service, even with the replacement crown. I have the original crown on mine and it's a PITA to wind manually. There's a slightly larger replacement decagonal crown available but for user friendliness a serrated crown like that is easiest to use.

Edited Feb 18, 2020