Considering a 105.003-65... any issues?

Hey all!

I am considering a 105.003-65 and have a few questions. The dial and case look rather nice, the only thing giving me pause is the lume. It appears puffier than most Ed Whites I have seen. Could it be period correct? I also don't know if the pushers/crown are original, any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

kVlBBWh

Like 1
Hi, impossible to say anything on crown and case, since no pic... The quality of the case depends mainly on its polishing degree, especially the lugs.
Pushers ok.
Nice dial, the lume doesn't surprise me, correct bezel, it could be a very desirable -65 :thumbsup:... (And probably a correct bracelet too...)

Hi, impossible to say anything on crown and case, since no pic... The quality of the case depends mainly on its polishing degree, especially the lugs.
Pushers ok.
Nice dial, the lume doesn't surprise me, correct bezel, it could be a very desirable -65 :thumbsup:... (And probably a correct bracelet too...)
Thank you for the reply! Added a pic of the crown. I am also waiting for a movement pic from the seller before I make any decision.

Like 1
Yes, check the serial is a good idea :)
Perfect crown. It seems you can barely see the facets of the lugs. Even if they surely have been polished in their long life, the case could be quite nice too...

Yes, check the serial is a good idea :)
Perfect crown. It seems you can barely see the facets of the lugs. Even if they surely have been polished in their long life, the case could be quite nice too...

Case looks alright to my amateur eyes.

Like 5
It’s a slightly darker shade of lume than what I’d usually associate with a -65 but just because it’s a slightly outlier, doesn’t make it a relume.
Nothing else is jumping out as a concern.
The only way to be more sure is to view it under a loupe and test with uv or a bright light. However, some of the relume artists are getting so good even this is no longer foolproof.

Begs the question, if even experienced collectors can’t tell, does it matter?

Like 7
It’s a slightly darker shade of lume than what I’d usually associate with a -65 but just because it’s a slightly outlier, doesn’t make it a relume.

Is the hight of the lume (dial) in the usual range?

lume speedmaster.jpg

If price is in the range of course, for sure a nice -65 :thumbsup:
(When serial is confirmed ;))

Like 1
Have you checked out the private watch sales here on the Forum?

There are a couple of nice ones there!
And also a perfect way to compare condition etc....

Like 1
Is the hight of the lume (dial) in the usual range?

lume speedmaster.jpg

Many references, particularly -65’s show shrinkage of lume etc. the colouration and ‘puffiness’ here is more to the extreme end of the spectrum imo but still within the bounds of what’s reasonable.
It is one that I’d want to see in the flesh before I handed over any cash though.

Like 2
Very important to see movement and verify SN.

Like 2
Have you checked out the private watch sales here on the Forum?

There are a couple of nice ones there!
And also a perfect way to compare condition etc....

I've tried, not sure the best way to search.

If price is in the range of course, for sure a nice -65 :thumbsup:
(When serial is confirmed ;))

It's listed for $14,750 and has correct bracelet + endlinks. Doesn't seem unreasonable. I'll get a movement pic today.

Like 1

Yes; see this shade more on a ‘63.

Like 1
Nothing else is jumping out as a concern.
The only way to be more sure is to view it under a loupe and test with uv or a bright light. However, some of the relume artists are getting so good even this is no longer foolproof.

There was a similar darker lume -65 being sold here last year. I suppose the longer run produced a couple of lume variations.

Looks solid to me. Nice watch. Pleasing condition and lume colour. Price isn’t too crazy either, especially considering the presence of bracelet and EL’s.

Like 2