Forums Latest Members
  1. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Oct 22, 2014

Are we already living 2030 prices right now for Nina Rindts? ::screwloose::

georgetownhoya likes this.
  2. mrcorkern Oct 28, 2014

image.jpg Here she is!!!!

ELV web and Gavin like this.
  3. georgetownhoya Oct 28, 2014

Wow, that is awesome!!! In that photo, those register hands look aesthetically like they could in fact be correct, although I have not seen others like them. Congratulations on a great purchase!!

4. mrcorkern Oct 28, 2014

5. io8194 Oct 28, 2014

Nice but register hands are not correct.

6. mrcorkern Oct 28, 2014

Any suggestions on where I could find replacement register hands?

7. georgetownhoya Oct 28, 2014

Where are you based? They should be pretty simple thin white register hands that any old watchmaker may have, like those of a Speedmaster. You can buy Speedmaster register hands through Otto Frei. They may not be exactly, exactly the same as what is on other early Nina Rindts, but most shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

8. mrcorkern Oct 28, 2014

Thanks for the info!!! I am located in northern CA

The

9. woodwkr2 Oct 28, 2014

You have to check the pinion size. Just because the hands look the same does not at all guarantee that they will fit a different watch! That's likely a job for your watchmaker, unless you're comfortable doing your own case work and have the correct tools to remove and reset hands--particularly on chrono subdials which are the most difficult to get right.

UG hands occasionally pop up on parts watches on the bay, but I've never seen any of the correct ones for the Nina available.

10. JH11932 Jun 26, 2016

Hi George,

I'm curious to learn more about this. Do you know somewhere that documents this observation, about the Nina with thinner hands being an earlier execution? I imagine you're right about the painted vs applied logo (the painted one in any case is UG's more recent logotype), but I haven't found out anything concrete about the hands. I'd just assumed that the occasional thin-handed Ninas were sporting replacement hands, probably from a Tri-Compax. Since this reference isn't in Sala's book, I'm not sure where to look for more, so if you've any ideas I'd love to know. Thanks so much!

J

11. Dgercp Jun 30, 2016

Similar related question to above. Can a Nina, ( or reverse panda evil nina) have raised U logo but fatter lumed subdial hands and still be correct?

12. rcs914 Jun 30, 2016

I love how this thread was resurrected less than two years later, and the price on these has already gone stratospheric compared to the prices being discussed here. Gavin's comment above about "2030 prices"... LOL

littlesheep81 and Larry S like this.
  13. zr4484 Jun 30, 2016

I believe yes they can. I've seen a fair number of iterations.