Forums Latest Members
  1. mrcorkern Oct 14, 2014

I am trying to purchase a Nina from a private seller and am having trouble finding past sales to compare what the current market value is. I am hoping someone could offer up some advice on what fair mkt value is?

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 14, 2014

You'll have to post pictures, including the movement, for an evaluation of a specific watch. Condition and originality of the various parts has a huge impact on value. I'm no expert and wouldn't even consider buying one of these that hadn't been fully vetted by someone very knowledgeable.

These are quite sought after, and the price will reflect it. I'd say based on recent sales, for one in very good+ condition, you're going to be in the $8000+ range.

cozzani1978 likes this.
  3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 14, 2014

NOt enough trading hands publicly to establish a market value based on comparables, mrcorkern,

That's a little spicy in my estimation, Darlinboy. $8000 is SpaceCompax money - with bracelet, mebbe box too. I'd put a Nina around $5K.

citizenrich and papaebetu like this.
  4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 15, 2014

I certainly defer to Lou's superior knowledge on UG and chronos generally.

Personally, I'd be all over a Nina Rindt for $5K, in very good+ condition. IMO, they've moved up the market desirability/demand curve quite smartly over the past year or two.

5. georgetownhoya Oct 15, 2014

I have heard of offers over $20,000 on Nina Rindts. The market has absolutely gone crazy for these the last few months and there really aren't very many out there. I certainly regret not buying a couple on eBay a few years ago that went for under $3,000.

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 15, 2014

Carlton-Browne and Darlinboy like this.
  7. mrcorkern Oct 16, 2014

8. mrcorkern Oct 16, 2014

Here it is. I would love to get some opinions on this watch!

thx image.jpg

Dogmann and dcbarber5 like this.
  9. mrcorkern Oct 16, 2014

tictictictoc and Dogmann like this.
  10. mrcorkern Oct 16, 2014

BTW- analogshift.com just posted a Nina for sale on the website. It is the same watch that was featured recently on Hodinkee. It will sell for big bucks!

I am interested in getting an expert comparison of that watch and the one I posted pics of. I believe mine to be an earlier model? Interested in comments

thx

11. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 16, 2014

Applied logo, and the shape of the register hands suggest a varient from the "original" Nina Rindt reference. I don't know enough about these to say more.

There are some experts here though, and I am sure they will chime in soon with more info.

Methinks that one on analog/shift will easily blow through my earlier estimate.

12. Vanquish1551 Oct 17, 2014

I believe James at Analog Shift expects the UG Nina Rindt to sell north of $10K

13. Melchiades Oct 17, 2014

Missed the boat on the UG ref 885103 then. Prices skyrocketed.

Is this mostly for the Nina Rindt ref (Panda) or are there similiar prices for the one with opposite configuration (black dial)?

14. Melchiades Oct 17, 2014

Bidding is currently north of $15k.

Anyone who has managed to pick up one of these in the last few years must be salivating. ;)

15. mrcorkern Oct 17, 2014

Can anyone comment about the different versions of this watch? The applied logo vs stamped? The different hands? It appears to me that the original version of the watch is the one with the applied logo?

16. Vanquish1551 Oct 17, 2014

Black dial with white sub dials sell for less than panda configuration. The two types of blue exotic, dark blue with lighter blue T highlighting the subdials or Silver dial with medium blue T highlighting the subdials tend to sell between Reverse Panda and Panda/Nina Rindt.

Melchiades likes this.
  17. georgetownhoya Oct 17, 2014

Hi mrcorken, you are right that the Nina Rindt version with the applied logo (and thin white hour hands) is the earliest. They then switched to the luminous register hands. The watch you show above looks great except those register hands look different than the usual thin ones. I haven't seen thick non-luminous ones like that, although I haven't spent tons of hours looking at these. Otherwise, it has a faded but original bezel, which is great, and the central hands all look correct. The blued central seconds hand is very hard to find if it has broken off the post, so it is great it has that. Some seasoned collectors really prefer the earliest version with the applied marker, but it seems like the market now may be placing a premium on those with the luminous register hands. In either case, if the price is good, I would say snatch it up as you could always replace those register hands with thin ones (those aren't hard to find). Check out HODINKEE today, by the way:

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/whats-selling-where-five-absolutely-killer-watches-begging

Old and Vintage and mrcorkern like this.
  18. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 17, 2014

Applied logo and thinner register hands is the earlier version.

19. io8194 Oct 21, 2014

For the pleasure, here is my rare first serie. Applied logo. Thin chrono hands, blue second chrono, and 'Universal Geneve' written on 'two lines'.
    Best
    [​IMG]

20. papaebetu Oct 21, 2014

Oh Oh Oh....... suppose that you was here too ;)
    Same words, but now in my language:
    Benvenuto :)

GIGI