Forums Latest Members
  1. eTsjo Feb 21, 2020

Hello,

I have the opportunity to pick from two wonderful Lecoultre Memovox.

They are both the K814 calibre, 10k gold filled. Both are in great condition, although the left one has its crowns replaced.

I'm wondering if any of these dials offer anything in particular (collectibility) ?
    I'm having a hard time deciding as both options have their own appeal.

Thanks of lot

KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-02-22-13-42-48.jpeg
  2. Dan S Feb 21, 2020

The photos are obviously not good enough to allow us to judge condition and originality, so I guess you don't want to know about that, and are just asking which style we prefer. Everyone has different taste, and those styles are VERY different from each other. I'm sure people will chime in and tell you which one they like better. "I like the classic style." "No, I like the fancy style." But I think it would be a mistake to make this into a poll. Ordinarily I would say to buy the one that is original and in the best condition. But if you don't want to know about that, then my advice is to go with the one that appeals to you personally.

3. eTsjo Feb 21, 2020

That's right. In the end it's a matter of personal taste. I just want to avoid going for the wrong one when it's obvious that a certain model is of lesser value than the other. Hope you understand my reasoning

4. Dan S Feb 21, 2020

No, I guess I don't understand. You haven't said anything about price or value previously. My biggest concern would be recommending one of these watches, only to see better photos later and realizing that it has been re-dialed or that the case is badly over-polished, or something like that.

5. bubba48 Feb 22, 2020

The pics aren't good enough but I've some doubt about the dials or at least on one

Clipboard01.jpg

Larry S likes this.