Classic car spotting this week.

Posts
9,243
Likes
76,976
U boat 23 😀 blue version 150


Love the way you’ve sneaked this into the Classic Car thread 😂😂😂

Perhaps we actually need a Classic U-boat thread? 🤔
 
Posts
13,628
Likes
18,979
Perhaps we actually need a Classic U-boat thread? 🤔
You can start with this clip:

😁
gatorcpa
 
Posts
3,150
Likes
6,549
I own this 300 D from ´84 : no turbo ;-)



"wrong" rims - I know. They are from S-class 126....7x15 -- looks better ;-)
 
Posts
4,343
Likes
12,767
I own this 300 D from ´84 : no turbo ;-)



"wrong" rims - I know. They are from S-class 126....7x15 -- looks better ;-)
Lucky, I've looked for a diesel wagon for some time and the ones that come up tend to be priced too high or rust buckets.
 
Posts
3,150
Likes
6,549
Indeed - rust is a problem, esp. on imported cars from countries with winter and salt on the roads.

I like it because it's so minimalist: no fifth gear, no electronics, no bells and whistles telling you what to do, and only 5 warning lights on the dashboard.
 
Posts
2,347
Likes
18,704
I'm glad to see there are a few still around - Starsky and Hutch would be proud
This one is actually in pretty good shape….comes with a stick-on roof light too. There are a couple of others for sale locally that come with pre-installed rodents.
 
Posts
30,181
Likes
77,927
FS near me....
One of my buddies from high school had this exact car in that exact paint scheme. It was concurrent to the TV series, which was very popular, as was my friend. I can’t help but think of Rick every time I see one…sadly he is no longer with us…f*ck cancer…
 
Posts
5,309
Likes
53,969
A slight departure from theme but still related.
I was cruising the vintage car club parts shed on Wednesday checking out shelves less explored and came across the car radio section, sitting on top of the shelf was a blast from the past in must have accessories this Uniden / President Grant CB radio from the 80 90's period ( not that I don't already have enough CB radios ) in unmolested almost new condition.
Don't know if I would ever install it in my car but maybe.......

 
Posts
223
Likes
1,590
Gran Torino:

Aged 5, this was my dream car, along with an orange Dodge Charger. As a grown up, I can understand why my dad wasn't up for painting our car like either.
 
Posts
9,243
Likes
76,976
My very first car - a 1965 model in duck egg blue 😍

However, it had two defects; first, the 6v battery regularly went flat (although in those days you could always push/bump start) and second, the clutch pedal was high off the floor (a problem when my leg stiffened after football).