Classic car spotting this week.

Posts
5,310
Likes
53,983
I lifted this advert from somewhere recently ( can't remember, maybe FB ) as relevent today as it was back then. These cars were renowned for there reliability due to good over engineering ie no common faults or failing parts.


Here are my 2 sitting at home 😀
Though mine are 2 and 3 years older than this 1931 advert hence some visual differences.

 
Posts
5,340
Likes
76,039
First time I've ever seen a TR7 Grinall conversion. Waited to speak to the owner but no sign of them & didn't want to hang around too long looking like the sad tyre kicker I am ::facepalm1::
 
Posts
4,344
Likes
12,770
First time I've ever seen a TR7 Grinall conversion. Waited to speak to the owner but no sign of them & didn't want to hang around too long looking like the sad tyre kicker I am ::facepalm1::
Once upon a time I almost bought a TR7, but I felt like they wanted too much for a fixed head example.
 
Posts
4,344
Likes
12,770
Attractive Ferraris are becoming an endangered species, so it is good to see several of them together.
 
Posts
35,651
Likes
39,900
Attractive Ferraris are becoming an endangered species, so it is good to see several of them together.
Looking at their recent designs since dumping Pininfarina and comparing that to the new Pininfarina in-house cars, I’m starting to think they really messed up by leaving them
 
Posts
4,344
Likes
12,770
Looking at their recent designs since dumping Pininfarina and comparing that to the new Pininfarina in-house cars, I’m starting to think they really messed up by leaving them
Yeah, they did. Their new designs look like their team is headed up by a 13 year old.
 
Posts
4,876
Likes
24,822
I can't even tell you the names of basically any Ferrari released in the last (upwards of) 10 years!
The only car they have released in the last few years that I actually thought - "that's cool" was the 12Cilindri...


And I think the only reason I like it is because it is 365 GTB/4 Daytona inspired...
 
Posts
72
Likes
302
NYC is surprisingly good for car spotting even though most people take the subway
 
Posts
4,876
Likes
24,822
I was always surprised at the amount of cool stuff I'd see driving around Manhattan.
Between the traffic, parking and over all condition of the roads...I don't think I'd have the balls!
.
.
.
Classic and future classic?
 
Posts
72
Likes
302
I was always surprised at the amount of cool stuff I'd see driving around Manhattan.
Between the traffic, parking and over all condition of the roads...I don't think I'd have the balls!
.
.
.
Classic and future classic?
Same haha I think a garage is a must if you own a classic car in nyc but thats also like paying rent for an apartment
 
Posts
35,651
Likes
39,900
NYC is surprisingly good for car spotting even though most people take the subway
Its amazing how good a clean G-body looks with nothing else on it, its really becoming that way for 996s too, so many have been modified and overworked that when you see one that's all original and just a clean Carrera on original wheels it looks fantastic
 
Posts
366
Likes
936
Its amazing how good a clean G-body looks with nothing else on it, its really becoming that way for 996s too, so many have been modified and overworked that when you see one that's all original and just a clean Carrera on original wheels it looks fantastic

Yea agree… the GBody cars have aged very well.
 
Posts
72
Likes
302
Its amazing how good a clean G-body looks with nothing else on it, its really becoming that way for 996s too, so many have been modified and overworked that when you see one that's all original and just a clean Carrera on original wheels it looks fantastic
Yeah I wish they weren't so painfully expensive now haha