Classic car spotting this week.

Posts
9,243
Likes
76,986
Japanese retro model?
I’ve never been sure - there are a few about in North London but I’ve not noticed any badges and because many are parked on private driveways, I’m generally been reluctant to get close to- but I’m assuming you’re right.
 
Posts
6,771
Likes
10,424
Japanese retro model?
Nissan Figaro, made in limited numbers for Japanese market in the early 90s.
Quite a few made their way to the UK because they are right hand drive of course.
 
Posts
9,243
Likes
76,986
Nissan Figaro, made in limited numbers for Japanese market in the early 90s.
Quite a few made their way to the UK because they are right hand drive of course.
Thanks for this. They seem to have reliable bodies - all of the ones I’ve seen are rust free. I like the two tone paint design, all with a cream/off white top and pastel greens, blues and greys
 
Posts
2,347
Likes
18,704
Nissan Figaro, made in limited numbers for Japanese market in the early 90s.
Quite a few made their way to the UK because they are right hand drive of course.
this one for sale around the corner......
 
Posts
9,243
Likes
76,986
this one for sale around the corner......
Like many of these veterans, it looks pristine
 
Posts
5,310
Likes
53,983
Like many of these veterans, it looks pristine
They aren't old. Though maybe from a UK ( salt on the roads ) perspective they might be. Here in NZ they are considered just a current generation car.
 
Posts
3,601
Likes
9,157
this one for sale around the corner......

Geely's re-imagining of the Lotus Elan. Maybe.
 
Posts
3,601
Likes
9,157

See that the keys have been left in it? The owner must feel it's pretty safe because who knows how to drive a pre-selector gearbox nowadays. I know the idea behind these devices but have never tried to drive one. pre-selector
 
Posts
18,737
Likes
38,888
I could have nicked it!
😉

My school buses (1950s) had preselector gears. I'd noticed the difference in the change from a metre high gear stick to a little silver box near the dash on the new buses and asked the driver what the go was. That was a mistake.
Was late for footy practice because he droned on about how much better it was etc, latest technology blah blah.
He probably meant well though.
 
Posts
72
Likes
302
enlighten us 😉 ( in Europe) BBSBOYS-selfmade-whatever?
Yup, it's a brand of wheels, made in Germany