Forums Latest Members

CK 859 Re-Issue Owners: Numbered Edition Tracking?

1. angschte Sep 9, 2022

Fyi, Omega OB in Zurich also confirmed that they are no longer in production.

2. savagehotdog Sep 10, 2022

I emailed Omega in the US and they said it is NOT discontinued.

3. YY77 Sep 10, 2022

Pics or it didn't happen.:whistling:

4. savagehotdog Sep 10, 2022

I don't know how to edit out my info nor the Omega rep's info. I have nothing to gain by lying. Just thought I would share. If you email them they will respond rather quickly.

5. angschte Sep 10, 2022

Not surprised that they might have different information. Let‘s see how serial numbers evolve…

6. hbu Sep 10, 2022

CK 859 is a great watch. Even though we heard Omega will discontinue this watch from different source. I still don’t believe it. It’s a very unique piece that Omega should keep it.

7. savagehotdog Sep 10, 2022

Its limited production for now. It is not discontinued.

DrmexicoII and hbu like this.
  8. Evitzee Sep 10, 2022

It originally started as a 'limited edition' piece, then changed to their new 'numbered edition' policy. They sold all of that run so none currently available. Some OBs are taking this to mean it is permanently discontinued. I believe they will schedule another production run and it will become generally available, like the FOIS was.

Edited Sep 10, 2022
  9. savagehotdog Sep 10, 2022

Thats what their email said. What is the "numbered edition"? Less "rare" than the "limited"?

10. Evitzee Sep 10, 2022

'Limited edition' means a set number of pieces made, like the 45th Anniversary Snoopy, 1970 pcs made, no more. 'Numbered edition' means the edition number for that watch model is on each watch, like the FOIS. Each piece had a number, like No. 9764. Omega kept making the watch until they stopped at around 16000 pcs. Maximum flexibility for Omega.

Edited Sep 10, 2022
    savagehotdog likes this.
  11. savagehotdog Sep 10, 2022

Oh wow. Thanks for that information. Sounds like there is going to be a ton of the CK859 out there then. People who said it was discontinued and bought it up hoping to resell aren't to be too happy. Good!

12. vanpatten Sep 11, 2022

Not sure why there’re so many mixed messages out there. It is my belief that the steel models are no longer being produced. Being a numbered edition, they could always pick up production again at a later date, so nothing technically is “discontinued” anymore. So if you look at it that way, it’s not discontinued. It is simply no longer being produced. I don’t see them being produced widely again as they didn’t seem to sell well.

13. YY77 Sep 11, 2022

Seems information is conflicting;

download.jpeg

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/ck-859-re-issue-discontinued.5416618/post-55284083

Wayneonthedrums likes this.
  14. savagehotdog Sep 11, 2022

15. savagehotdog Sep 11, 2022

What is your belief based on?
    In the USA, they come in and out of stock all the time. And the wait times here are insane. They have been very popular.

16. vanpatten Sep 11, 2022

Maybe it’s regional then. I’ve seen a few of these sitting in cases at ADs. Didn’t have to wait or do anything special to get mine. Even got a discount.

I do think they are drying up because of the speculation that they’re done making them. Topper recently sent an email out stating they were told they are no longer being produced. So that’s what my belief is based on. I’m glad they are gaining popularity though, it’s a great watch.

savagehotdog likes this.
  17. savagehotdog Sep 11, 2022

Interesting. Thanks. I got a call from two boutiques in nyc to grab one now. But it took months of waiting. Can I ask where you shop for your Omegas? I can't find a good source that offers discounts.

I just checked that website you mentioned and it just has a link to join their wait list. Other big name online vendors have said the same. I thought it was the case, but Omega emailed word for word "The CK 859 timepieces have not been discontinued at this time. The timepieces are a number series, which is currently under limited production. You will see the timepiece showing up from time to time on our website, due to the production count."

Yeah, very popular it seems.

18. vanpatten Sep 12, 2022

Boutiques are pretty notorious for not discounting. Same with the online website, I’ve asked multiple times and been told no.

Give Al a call at Armstrong Rockwell in Hartford. He’s a true WIS and might be intimidating at first, but he’s one of the old guard. Great guy. He might be able to help you out. Last I knew he had one in the case. Good luck!

savagehotdog likes this.
  19. savagehotdog Sep 12, 2022

Thank you. I appreciate the hook up!

20. gyromiterob Oct 17, 2022

I don't know if this is true, but I stopped into my nearest Omega Boutique and my sales rep. said that he was under the impression that the CK859 had been discontinued. Just passing this info along.

Nipson likes this.