Forums Latest Members

CK 859 Re-Issue Owners: Numbered Edition Tracking?

1. Nipson Jul 8, 2022

AD/Paris/249x

Edited Jul 16, 2022
    Bry and gyromiterob like this.
  2. Nipson Jul 9, 2022

Same here!
    For any winding clockwise it rotates back a bit counterclockwise.
    Makes me worried to force it too much.
    I don't have this back-rotation on my Speedmaster.

Any other feedback guys?

Bry and gyromiterob like this.
  3. John7boy Jul 9, 2022

It’s perfectly normal, no need to worry. I have a modern Tresor with the same movement (more or less) and had the same concerns which I brought to the attention of the boutique manager. He gave me the same advice I’m giving you…..it’s a beauty, go and enjoy it.

gyromiterob, Pun and Bry like this.
  4. 4011021 Jul 15, 2022

Just bought mine in Curitiba, Brazil, AD, no. 137x.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Jul 17, 2022
    Duracuir1, Donko1100, Nipson and 5 others like this.
  5. gyromiterob Jul 15, 2022

Well, we still haven't passed the mistakenly revealed limited edition of 2939 yet. Highest so far is 25xx. Maybe it will be a small-ish batch?

Bry likes this.
  6. 4011021 Jul 16, 2022

What was this mistaken revelation? I think I missed it.

gyromiterob and Bry like this.
  7. speedy_fan Jul 16, 2022

The 1st batch of cards was issued with a limited edition xx/2939, the subsequent release comes with the correct numbered edition cards.

8. andrpers Aug 1, 2022

24XX in Bergen Norway

2CFCF64A-E02B-49E4-AAF7-239DD78E81D3.jpeg
    Duracuir1, 4011021, Nipson and 4 others like this.
  9. Pun Aug 1, 2022

We have yet to see a number beyond 2939, the erroneous Limited Edition card figure..

andrpers, Caliber561, 4011021 and 3 others like this.
  10. Nipson Aug 1, 2022

I see several of you guys with a different strap than the OEM one. I find on mine that the strap in quite tight between the lugs.
    You guys didn't get any issue sliding the spring bar fork? The strap is flexible?

gyromiterob likes this.
  11. gyromiterob Aug 1, 2022

I changed out my strap and the stock strap does really occupy the full space between the lugs, so you have to squish it a bit (on the underside) to get access to the spring bars. Just have to be careful about it so as not to damage anything. Good luck!

4011021 and Bry like this.
  12. Compher Aug 2, 2022

Hi guys, I just received mine yesterday, as a gift! I am always super careful (and worried) when winding manual watches, and with the CK859 I was surprised about two things:

- the crown is very smooth but does not make any sound when turned to wind the watch… just tiny clicks when turned anticlockwise (not winding it) - I have never seen that on a watch —> is it the same for you guys?

- the fact that I did not seem to reach a hard stop when winding it : it gets harder and harder to wind the crown but it does not seem to stop… and I was worried to push it further —> your answers above were somehow reassuring but I will double check if I get 72h of PR at « this level » of winding…

otherwise thrilled to wear it ! Design is very different from everything seen on people’s wrists these days!

Any thoughts ?
    Cheers

gyromiterob, 4011021 and Bry like this.
  13. 4011021 Aug 2, 2022

My crown works just as you described. I'm able to fully wind it until it stops, but it takes a lot of turns. I tested power reserve until it got to a bit over 72h then I wound it up again because it was morning and I wanted to use it, and didn't want it to stop in the middle of the day, so not sure how longer than 72h it would work, but surely works at least as expected according to specifications.

By the way, this was about one week ago, I set it according to time.gov and it is now only 0.5 seconds ahead of time.gov. It got to -2s in the end of my 72h test but have since recovered. Very impressed.

Compher, gyromiterob and Bry like this.
  14. Nipson Aug 3, 2022

Exactly the same for me!
    Click sound anticlockwise, no sound clockwise and the more i wind the stiffer it gets. I also get a slight "back rotation" everytime i give a winding turn.
    I never felt a stop when winding it, and i made a lot of turns though. A bit afraid of pushing more ^^
    I just started a test to see how long the watch lasts

Bry, gyromiterob and Compher like this.
  15. hbu Aug 7, 2022

AD/San Francisco/No 23X
    IMG_7176.jpg

IMG_7188.jpg
    Edited Aug 7, 2022
  16. Recon Aug 7, 2022

17. hbu Aug 7, 2022

Yes, I bought it

Bry likes this.
  18. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 7, 2022

Can somebody enlightened me, why you want to track the destination of an re issued omega ? And share experiences about backwind clicks and forward winding resistance? Have you ever owned vintage handwinding Omegas ? Everything seems quite normal to me... What did I miss ? Kind regards. Achim

Bry likes this.
  19. Evitzee Aug 7, 2022

This is an enthusiasts site, no surprise people are going to discuss esoteric things like winding feel, clicks, power reserve, etc for a watch that is a little out of the range of a typical modern Omega. The movement is different from most modern Omegas, too. The numbering/destination thing is because this was orginally introduced as a numbered, limited edition with a set edition run, then changed to a more expansive 'numbered edition' release that is current Omega practice. Owners are curious to see the first ones outside of the original range, none seem to have appeared so far so the natural question is, are they making more or is 2,939 pieces going to be the actual edition size? I find it an interesting question given Omega's new strategy of not confining themselves to a firm number of pieces of any particular watch. Many, many people aren't interested and don't collect vintage watches. I think that is what you are missing.

20. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 7, 2022

Thanks, that explains it.