Forums Latest Members

'Cheapest Nato Straps' SALE

1. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 21, 2020

Jimbo555 likes this.
  2. BradleyJ. Mar 21, 2020

I purchased probably 15 straps from them. All models. I walked away with maybe 2 that were half decent and even then I included them with a watch I sold because I wasnt that into em. Most were stiff, made from low end materials and not well constructed. Shipping also took almost 2 months to the U.S. haha. Things may have changed but that's my experience.

whyboddau, Wryfox, BenBagbag and 3 others like this.
  3. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 21, 2020

I used to order 5-6 straps from them. What you get is in line with what you pay... :cautious:

All the straps quickly ended up in the trash bin. They are indeed very cheap and they look & feel so. :thumbsdown:

89-0, Sidnos and whyboddau like this.
  4. Jimbo555 Mar 21, 2020

I was just coming here to share. I like a real Nato and happy to support small business in these testing times.

Bartok24 likes this.
  5. abrod520 Mar 21, 2020

I've found that recently the quality has improved markedly, and shipping takes only about a week to the US. (Recently being in the last 6 months or so) The "Seatbelt" NATOs are my favorite out there, they're the closest to the Omega quality I've been able to find at any price point. I found the PhenomeNato to be too flimsy and long, and others to be too stiff.

Also, there's no better place IMO to get a cheapo strap that you want to experiment with color combinations, before taking the plunge on an expensive custom strap.

6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 21, 2020

Sorry to hear that some have not had a great experience, only purchased a few items over the past six months or so and always pleased with the quality and service.

Duracuir1 and STANDY like this.
  7. BradleyJ. Mar 21, 2020

I would agree with this. As long as you dont expect top notch quality for dirt cheap prices you'll be just fine. Plus if you are the type who wants a strap for every outfit then then this route is not bad.

Lonestar likes this.
  8. BradleyJ. Mar 21, 2020

To be fair I'm not trying to bad mouth them. I purchased straps well over a year ago and back then there wasnt a strap priced over 5 bucks (that I bought anyway) seeing that the have upped the prices makes me think they have upped the quality of materials. I dont think the premium natos were even an option back then.

9. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 21, 2020

Purchased a few so will come back with some thoughts when they arrive :thumbsup:

BradleyJ. likes this.
  10. abrod520 Mar 21, 2020

Yeah, they're great for that. But sometimes the quality will surprise you... some of their leather natos are among the best I've tried (the nubuck-style ones at least) regardless of price. Even if they cost the exact same amount, I think I'd rather have a CNS leather nato than the Hodinkee nato I bought at their New York popup over the holidays. That one cost me $160, came with a bent keeper, and is not quite as nice a material.

Alpha and Kmart like this.
  11. asrnj77 Mar 21, 2020

There was an email tied to the recent sale (below). I bought some more anyway even though I don’t really need them now.

47C4C117-465A-45CB-AC79-3F1E8A9DB621.jpeg
    Kmart likes this.
  12. Kmart Mar 21, 2020

I own a Hodinkee suede strap and I had a similarly poor experience. It’s very mediocre quality and certainly not worth the $170 or so I paid for it.

I just placed an order for a variety of straps from CNS myself, looking forward to trying them out. Never ordered from them before but I saw the owner post on IG that they were struggling due to the pandemic. Gotta support small businesses!

Uniqez and Jimbo555 like this.
  13. queriver Mar 22, 2020

Has anyone bought MN straps from both Erika's and CNS that can give us a comparison about quality and longevity? I've bought from Erika's in the past and they are excellent. CNS is now 1/10th the price of Erika's but do you get what you pay for?

14. BradleyJ. Mar 22, 2020

I can't help with your question but this seems like an opportunity to buy and try since the price is so cheap. And since you own the other it would make a good comparison

15. Braindrain Mar 22, 2020

The CNS suede is, in fact, of surprisingly good quality. I dont have experience with the Hodinkee suede, but qual is certainly on par or better than others charging multiples higher.

PSX_20200211_230110.jpg

Lonestar likes this.
  16. queriver Mar 22, 2020

Bought perlons, natos and other types from them before and they ended up unused in my drawer. That’s why I’m asking around.

17. asrnj77 Mar 22, 2020

I believe most of their leather is some native form of Scandinavian deer instead of cow. I’ve seen quality improvement over the past 18 months but it’s still hit or miss. In the end I just spent $38 for 5 straps and two buckles. If even one strap turns out to be a keeper it was money well spent.

abrod520 likes this.
  18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 23, 2020

Not the same design. I don't have an Erika's but I have a few of the CNS versions that will sit unused. I can't get any of them to go small enough to fit...

Lonestar and queriver like this.
  19. vbrad26 Mar 23, 2020

I have a handful from CNS and I have no complaints.
    NATOS, suede and leather.
    For NATOS I say they are totally fine (I actually like them better than the Omega NATO that came with my Speedy).
    There are definitely higher quality leather straps on the market but like everyone has said, you get what you pay for.
    I knew what I was paying for so I was not disappointed hah. I'm still wearing them regularly for the last couple of years (mostly on a Hamilton, sometimes on the Speedy).
    Shipping to the US wasn't too bad either if I remember correctly, couple of weeks max?
    I think you could have paid a little extra for expedited shipping with tracking.

20. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 7, 2020

Received my straps today, ordered March 20, dispatched 25th and rec'd April 7 which I reckon is not bad given the troubled times we are living in.

Quality appears good and given the price paid I am certainly happy :thumbsup:
    IMG_2377.jpeg

marco likes this.