Case

Materials : Gold
    Thickness : N/C
    Diameter : 36
    Water resistance : N/C
    Dial

Glass : N/C
    Color : Golden
    Cadran or deux tons avec index flèches en or, petite trotteuse à 6 heures, aiguilles Dauphine or. Cadran signé.
    Two tone gold dial with gold index arrows, small second hand at 6 o'clock, gold Dauphine hands. Dial signed.
    Movement

Movement : Self-winding
    Caliber : N/C
    Complications : Subsidiary constant seconds
    Mouvement automatique à butées calibre 30.10 R-A P-C, certifié chronomètre (le plus plat de son époque). Mouvement signé.
    Strap

Material : N/C
    Clasp : N/C

Origin & condition

Year of production : 1948
    Number of pieces produced : N/C
    Lot status : N/C
    Accessories : Without case - Without documentation
    » all auction lots
    Expert's description

Chronomètre Centenary", n° 10825161. Vers 1948. Rare montre anniversaire célébrant les 100 ans de la marque, considérée comme le prototype de la Constellation qui verra le jour en 1952. Boîtier rond et plat en or, attaches lyres. Cadran or deux tons avec index flèches en or, petite trotteuse à 6 heures, aiguilles Dauphine or. Mouvement automatique à butées calibre 30.10 R-A P-C, certifié chronomètre (le plus plat de son époque). Cadran, boîtier et mouvement signés. Vendue sans son bracelet. Diam.: 36 mm."
    (Centenary Chronometer ", No. 10825161. Towards 1948. Shows Rare anniversary celebrating 100 years of the brand, considered the prototype of the Constellation which will be launched in 1952. Case round and flat gold lyres fasteners. Dial Two Tone Gold index arrows with gold, small second hand at 6 o'clock, gold Dauphine hands. stops automatic movement caliber 30.10 RA PC, certified Chronometer (the flat of his time). dial, case and signed. Sold without its bracelet. Diam movement. : 36 mm ".)

John R Smith likes this.
  3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 3, 2014

:eek: I don't care what currency it was, it is cheap for that condition !!!! ...and that's after OMEGAMANIA auction

4. pitpro Likes the game. May 3, 2014

Yea but remember Global financial crisis started in 2007 with collapse of Bear Stearns
    then with the collapse of Lehman Bros. in Sept of 2008,
    and was in full blown crisis by December when that auction was held.
    No one was buying Anything!
    While looking around, I saw these watches go for $5000 regularly in
    2007 at the peak of the Boom.

5. John R Smith May 4, 2014

Someone got a crazy bargain there - price was in euros, I would think. I have made some corrections to the table as suggested, and I have e-mailed the shop in Portugal asking for a photo of the inside case-back. I have also added a new column for the edition number on the rating certificate, but so few still have their papers this will be pretty sparse I expect.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 4, 2014

Found a few more for you in the "sold" files.

Two from the Gisbert Joseph archives - Here is the first one:

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

Here is the second one:

Capture 4.JPG Capture 5.JPG Capture 6.JPG

The home office of Gisbert Joseph is in Spain, but they have agents in other parts of the world, I don't know what you would say for the country of origin.

There are several more at the Antiquorum archives. Some don't have movement serials or case numbers, but these two do:

http://catalog.antiquorum.com/catalog.html?action=load&lotid=1&auctionid=214

http://catalog.antiquorum.com/catalog.html?action=load&lotid=21&auctionid=170

This one has what looks to be a correct movement serial, but the case number is incorrect:

http://catalog.antiquorum.com/catalog.html?action=load&lotid=55&auctionid=158

I guess you could attribute these to the locations of the actual auction, but it is likely that the buyers took them out of the country after purchase.

This is fun!
    gatorcpa

John R Smith likes this.
  7. pitpro Likes the game. May 4, 2014

Nice, that top one has the Chrono Cert. and No.

8. John R Smith May 4, 2014

Gator said-

This one has what looks to be a correct movement serial, but the case number is incorrect:
    http://catalog.antiquorum.com/catalog.html?action=load&lotid=55&auctionid=158"

Yes, the case number is wrong - and on this one the crown and hands are incorrect, yet it made good money. Go figure, as you chaps would say. The table is now looking even more interesting, I will post an update soon ;)

9. John R Smith May 4, 2014

The trouble with this one is that the number could be the case number or the movement and we don't know which. So, sadly, I have decided not to include it for the present.

10. ulackfocus May 4, 2014

Can I just ever so slightly hijack this thread and say, once again, how happy I am to have my 2500 and not fret the amount of shenanigans when buying nowadays?

That's not tacky, is it? Apologies to those who haven't gotten their own yet.

….. which begs the question: what the f::censored:: are you waiting for????

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 4, 2014

Remember , I still have dibs :D

12. pitpro Likes the game. May 4, 2014

Well you're right. It's the movement No. I would guess
    but..it would be nice to know where the series starts and ends.
    Maybe, after more entries, we can extrapolate which
    number it has to be.
    I really would like to see the metal color
    recorded John. I have a feeling , just
    from observation, the Rose are realtively
    more scarce.

13. pitpro Likes the game. May 4, 2014

+1 +1
    This is a MUST own.
    It ticks all the boxes, including size.

14. JM251 May 4, 2014

Where do I sign?

15. Hijak May 4, 2014

+1 on that, just looking for a nice one...if you see let me know.:)

16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 4, 2014

You have to have a secure and comforting silver box waiting for it. They won't come if they don't think there is a nice warm cozy home waiting.:)

kkt, Hijak and pitpro like this.
  17. Hijak May 4, 2014

Should have purchased the one Dennis had for sale recently and I'd be all set.

18. John R Smith May 5, 2014

Right-ho, here is the updated table as of 0.900 GMT this morning. I have added a column for case material, but it is only populated for rose gold, otherwise YG is assumed.

2500 Table 5-5-14.jpg
    I would be interested in any comments from you all, of course. We now have a sample of 27, which is still tiny but allows us to speculate. It does indeed begin to look as if there was a late batch of RG examples, which do group more or less together so far. Does anyone know if the Doug Gravina example (10785584) is RG? I can't really be sure from the photos. The very few Certificate numbers we have so far seem to have no sequence at all ::confused2:: Perhaps the certificates were sent to the testing labs en-masse, and the lab just pulled them out at random to fill in for the movement they had on the bench at the time.

19. ulackfocus May 5, 2014

Your question is stated as if Doug only has one Centenary. He has a few. One of them has the engraved back. And yes, at least one is RG.

20. John R Smith May 5, 2014

Sorry, let's be more precise. It's the one in Desmond's article on the Centenary watches -

Doug Gravina.jpg

Gorgeous, but is it RG? (My internet PC monitor is really crap, I can't tell).