Cash in my vintage Omegas for a Rolex?

Here's a thought:
I have a modest collection of vintage Omegas, bought mainly on here, and have it in mind to cash in all except my favourite speedy and buy a Datejust.
Just a couple of questions for the experts, if I may:

1. I should pull in about £9k and am wondering if this might be enough to get the one I hanker after, a datejust41, preferably with a Jubilee bracelet and blue dial, in decent condition?

2. I collect for the love of watches, not as an investment, but reading around the blogs and forums it appears that Rolex prices may be suffering a 'readjustment'.....might it be best to wait a while?

Grateful for any advice, and to OF, of course

Would you be happy with a 2 watch (for a bit- more always follow) rotation- and would you truly miss any of the Omegas you have now?

Would you be happy with a 2 watch (for a bit- more always follow) rotation- and would you truly miss any of the Omegas you have now?
I failed to mention my 2503-17 Seamaster, black dial and gold arrow markers, beautiful, just beautiful, which will be passed down when the grim reaper visits.
Oh, and the Hamilton that 'she who must be obeyed' bought me.....not keen, but I just wouldn't dare!, so an element of cover for rotation....good thought, though.

If the DJ is your grail watch you absolutely should but as you say that at present many Rolex models are haemorrhaging money in the used market and falling faster than many other brands (as a bubble bursts) so if you want one the differential to change may get better. Or not of course!
Edited:

They are great watches, but in general, I don't think that DJs are the model to buy if you're at all concerned about retaining value.

If you’re talking about a new DJ41 you should be able to get one at retail with a little patience.

Selling part or most of a collection to buy one grail is tempting on paper, but more complicated in practice. Unless a very special watch with very tempting pricing, sales often don’t occur super quickly.

If the DJ is your grail watch you absolutely should but as you say that at present many Rolex models are haemorrhaging money in the used market and falling faster than many other brands (as a bubble bursts) so if you want one the differential to change may get better. Or not of course!

Not really my grail but the 'plainer' style that I would favour in a Rolex....have picked out the datejust based on appearance, wrist presence and the reviews; have not seen one in real life as yet
TBH I like the datejust, explorer, oyster perpetual, all in a larger size and blue dial. Guess there's a certain 'look' that I favour with watches, the same as with women, but getting past that now.😀

Not really my grail but the 'plainer' style that I would favour in a Rolex....have picked out the datejust based on appearance, wrist presence and the reviews; have not seen one in real life as yet
TBH I like the datejust, explorer, oyster perpetual, all in a larger size and blue dial. Guess there's a certain 'look' that I favour with watches, the same as with women, but getting past that now.😀
I think you’ve already made your mind up, sell the watches bank the cash and at 4/5% interest your money is sitting there ready to pounce and while you do you will get to know how you feel about a reduced watch box as they go and is it really possible for you to live with just 2 watches.
By the way, it would be a pretty good 2 watch collection.

Get the Rolex. Maybe go to an AD and see if you can get a new one. The wait would not be very long.

Could you live with 1 Rolex over a handful of different vintage Omegas to choose from?

Would the Datejust be enough for every occasion?

You wanna unload a small swag of Omegas to get a Rolex……there’s .no accounting for taste is there? 🤨::stirthepot::😁
And before anyone starts on me………….the OP did ask!

You wanna unload a small swag of Omegas to get a Rolex……there’s .no accounting for taste is there? 🤨::stirthepot::😁
And before anyone starts on me………….the OP did ask!

An interesting take on two, IMHO, very different brands.....a huge discussion there.😀
Without wishing to be overly anal, taste, in terms of watches or any other product, is subjective and based on a person's own experiences, so like DNA, unique to that person. Onwards!.....
I love all except one of my Omegas and, were it not for the need to balance the books, would keep them.
Anyway, back to the subject matter, following far too many hours of research I am now pondering a new explorer (taste evolution?), either the 124270 or 224270. None at any UK AD's but there seem to be a few popping up on the secondary market.
Not looking forward to taking my dearly loved collection to the auction house. 🙁