Buying advice - New 57 or Zenith Chrono

my vote is for the green Omega.
But if you have already handled both and prefer the Zenith, then that should be your choice. Both great watches.

I have 2 Omega and 3.5 Zenith in my current collection. Between these two pieces, I would go Zenith hands down.

I have 2 Omega and 3.5 Zenith in my current collection. Between these two pieces, I would go Zenith hands down.

That’s hard to believe Rand. Why would anyone buys 2 Omegas. Pics or didn’t happen.

That’s hard to believe Rand. Why would anyone buys 2 Omegas. Pics or didn’t happen.
I would like to see the .5 Zenith.👎

Really torn on this, been saving for a few years now and finally in a position to buy a watch.
I've been to see both in person, whilst I love the 57, the black face is boring and the green face - well it doesn't WOW me, but I love the design overall and brand recognition is a big thing.

The zenith however, really stunning watch, the arrogant/child side of me wants people to look at it and go 'wow that's a zenith' - but really no one besides watch fans have heard of it

Both are similar price, the zenith is £9200 and the omega £8700...

Thoughts?

03-3100-3600-69-m3100.png

If brand recognition is important than neither of these is the one. I know Rolex owners that buy Omega for the low key aspect of it. No one will care.

Of those two I would go with the Zenith, just a nicer package. Green is a faddish color for a dial, it won't wear well. It's equivalent to a 70's Nehru jacket, cool at the time but now people say WTH?

I genuinely didn’t expect this to be 50/50 considering this is an omega forum haha

Zenith dial is fussy for my eyes.
The new 57 in the flesh is O so nice.

Really torn on this, been saving for a few years now and finally in a position to buy a watch.
I've been to see both in person, whilst I love the 57, the black face is boring and the green face - well it doesn't WOW me, but I love the design overall and brand recognition is a big thing.

The zenith however, really stunning watch, the arrogant/child side of me wants people to look at it and go 'wow that's a zenith' - but really no one besides watch fans have heard of it

Thoughts?

Hello metaljay I personally would choose Omega speedy 57 just because of its Dial layout, not busy not boring just awesome as it is

Thoughts?

Ask in Zenith forum and maybe you'll get a different answer.
I'd choose Zenith.

The 57 is available in a white dial if you're willing to step up a bit and get the titanium case. Interesting with the blue hands. Might be worth it if you really prefer the Omega, a bit more for something you really prefer and may enjoy a bit longer. Buy once, cry once.

Omega is 20 years in the future and proportions are fantastic.
Just my 2 cents.
Happy hunting and purchase.
Jon

Thoughts?

I just received the blue dial 57 yesterday after a 3 month wait. IMO it is a much cleaner and legible dial than the Zenith. Not as busy, and the polished broad arrow hands on the Omega make it super easy to read the time. I also really like 2 key features of the Omega for me: Time zone functions for travel.

The hour hand can be moved back or forward independently when arriving in a new city without stopping the watch. Also because the hour/minute timers are combined on 1 subdial it reads like a clock and can be used as a second time zone. Just start the Chrono at noon or midnight in the the time zone you want to track. Omega approved lol..no additional wear & tear. I’m no expert but my understanding is this is due to it being a column wheel with a vertical clutch? If I got that wrong someone please chime in. They actually show this as a feature in an instructional video on their website for an older reference. A GMT hack…love it, so versatile!

Anyway…Omega for the win! This is a special watch, I am super happy with it. I took it out to dinner and drinks last night and even invited my wife to join us

True indeed. I haven't taken any pics of them yet but below are stock photos.

A CK2998 and 2nd Gen Titanium Blue PO.

I would like to see the .5 Zenith.👎

I colloquially call it a .5. It has a Zenith El Primero on the inside, Tag Heuer on the outside. The Grand Carrera Calibre 36 RS. What surprised me about this one was that they used an El Primero movement to create the first 1/10th second chronograph before Zenith did with the Striking 10th.

I colloquially call it a .5. It has a Zenith El Primero on the inside, Tag Heuer on the outside. The Grand Carrera Calibre 36 RS. What surprised me about this one was that they used an El Primero movement to create the first 1/10th second chronograph before Zenith did with the Striking 10th.

I know TH very well, I have the Carrera cal. 360 which preceded the Zenith defy 21 with the 1/100th second chrono:

True indeed. I haven't taken any pics of them yet but below are stock photos.

A CK2998 and 2nd Gen Titanium Blue PO.

Mighty good taste there Rand. Grab a chair, get comfortable and start working on those wrist shots. Lots of Heuer nerds here too. We like pics.

Mighty good taste there Rand. Grab a chair, get comfortable and start working on those wrist shots. Lots of Heuer nerds here too. We like pics.

Sweet pieces and pics. It's definitely on my todo list.