Forums Latest Members

Bronze/gold Seamaster 300m or Blue Dial SS 300 or none?

1. rfcs Apr 2, 2021

I find the new Seamaster 300 vintage style ‘57 releases attractive and worth considering. I’m also torn between the blue and bronze versions but the price differential is substantial and gives me pause. But, I own the 38mm new AT blue dial on the rubber strap and SS bracelet which is my daily and a keeper. Would you purchase the new SM300 if you could or go in another direction to diversify your collection? I’m fine with doing what makes me happy but I’m trying to be practical and logical too. Opinions appreciated.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 2, 2021

Hard to go wrong with either but that Bronze/Gold looks pretty amazing and is a unique case material in Omega’s lineup at present which would be the tipping point for me to go in that direction. The steel is a great watch none the less.

E-wotch and rfcs like this.
  3. Bp1000 Apr 2, 2021

Think I’m going to go with the bronze gold at some point. It’s beautifully finished and will decide when I see it in person.

Like the new speedy, think omega did a stunning job on the 300m.

E-wotch and rfcs like this.
  4. E-wotch Apr 13, 2021

Did you notice the sudden price increase withe the bronze gold model? I ordered one with my AD last week and I was quoted 11,200usd but I checked today and Omega plus every review site now has the price at 11,600usd. I wonder if my AD will still honor the original price when it arrives.

5. s2000_driver Apr 13, 2021

I would get a SS on bracelet now and depending on bronze gold ages in a year or two, will decide on upgrading.

E-wotch likes this.
  6. E-wotch Apr 13, 2021

I was a big fan of the Tudor Bronze Blue but got rid of it because Tudor's customer service is horrible. So naturally I'm super excited to see Omega offering something similar. I only wish there was a bronze gold option with that nice blue dial and bezel that the ss has.