Forums Latest Members

SOLD Breitling Chronomat 808 (Mark II) from the late 1960s

1. kov Trüffelschwein. May 3, 2021

For sale comes the second generation of the Venus powered Breitling chronographs, a Chronomat ref. 808 from the late 1960s.

IMG_8165.jpg

808's were produced in two different variations : with a full silver dial and this one, a reverse panda dial.

IMG_8148.jpg IMG_8162.jpg IMG_8161.jpg

The dial is what makes it special. Great condition, it really pops on the wrist. The luminous material on the hands and pips original and still intact. Behaves as should under UV light : glows and fades very quickly.

IMG_8152.jpg IMG_8151.jpg IMG_8149.jpg IMG_8150.jpg IMG_8156.jpg

That case is great. It wears quite big thanks to the 37mm rotating bezel. It's been worn, including by myself, so there are some very light traces of wear but no dings or heavy scratches. The caseback is also in a great condition, with some signs of wear - correct reference and serial engraved inside.

IMG_8155.jpg IMG_8154.jpg

Although it runs perfectly and keeps good time, its service history is unknown to me. Please note that it's a vintage watch and its water resistance was not tested and is not guaranteed. The buyer has to be aware of that and wear the watch with that in mind.

IMG_8157.jpg

Finally, the watch comes on a Davidoff (I believe it's a JPM) vintage leather strap with a signed Breitling stainless steel buckle.

To recap :

- Second generation Chronomat, reverse panda variation
    - Venus 176 movement
    - Vintage leather strap with a Breitling ss buckle
    - Condition !

What you see is what you get.

Terms and conditions :
    I am a private collector and will set the post OHPF after getting the first PM saying "I will buy this watch at your price".

3700 CHF wired to my Swiss bank account for a local sale in Switzerland.

Alternatively, 4100 USD / 3400 EUR / 2900 GBP wired directly to my Wise or Revolut accounts for a sale abroad. Fully insured shipping from Switzerland to wherever Fedex can deliver, included.

Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality, unedited and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation. Feel free to ask for special details or angles you want to see better, prior buying.

References : by searching the 'seller profiles & review' sub forum
    100% positive feedbacks here as well as other platforms - can link with happy buyers worldwide, on request.

Thanks to OF for the space. :thumbsup:

llvhhui, Paulomega, Walrus and 18 others like this.
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. May 15, 2021

Shameless bump :)

3. kov Trüffelschwein. May 31, 2021

Some interest here but still available :)