Omega Seamaster manual-wind from the late 1950s / early 1960

Posts
4
Likes
0
Hello everyone,
I’m hoping you can help me determine whether the watch I have is a genuine Omega.
From what I understand, it appears to be an old manual-wind Omega Seamaster. My grandfather bought it in Switzerland around the late 1950s or early 1960s, and it has always remained in my family.
However, I have a few doubts about its authenticity. In particular, the “Omega” lettering on the dial doesn’t look very precise to me, and I noticed that “Seamaster” is positioned in the upper part of the dial. From what I’ve seen on other models, it is usually written in the lower part.
The strap is not original. My father replaced it many years ago.
Could anyone help me determine whether this is a genuine Omega Seamaster or possibly a modified/redialed watch?
Thank you in advance for your help!

 
Posts
10,755
Likes
16,744
The case looks like that used on model 14700 but that is an auto model so if yours has a manual wind movement it is a similar ref but not quite the same. Yes the dial has been repainted (known as redialled) which is why you can’t find a match. If you unscrew the back or get a pro to do so you can find the model and movement numbers. In short it’s legit but not very original.
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
The case looks like that used on model 14700 but that is an auto model so if yours has a manual wind movement it is a similar ref but not quite the same. Yes the dial has been repainted (known as redialled) which is why you can’t find a match. If you unscrew the back or get a pro to do so you can find the model and movement numbers. In short it’s legit but not very original.
Thanks 🙏🏻
 
Posts
201
Likes
243
Redialing is always a shame but you could find an original to replace it with, if you really wanted to. I would try to hunt one down personally
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
I’ve just opened it, and here are the photos and the codes:


CSP: 14390-62-SC
Movement: 285