Forums Latest Members

BREAKING NEWS - 50th Anniversary Apollo 11 in Steel Revealed

1. Japanred Jun 15, 2019

I’ve already got a deposit down on one. I was more interested from the point of view of how the system works, if there is even a system.

So it’s just down to the store manager ringing his pals/best customers and offering it to them? Nothing more than that?

2. Japanred Jun 15, 2019

This is what I was trying to get at. What’s the process?

3. To the moon Jun 15, 2019

Definatley, where do you have a deposit down?

4. Japanred Jun 15, 2019

At an AD. It’s not in London though.

5. To the moon Jun 15, 2019

Cool. I hope all goes well and you get it :thumbsup:

6. Japanred Jun 15, 2019

Sure I will find out in the next couple of months.

Edited Jun 15, 2019
  7. Skyrider01 Jun 15, 2019

My AD had 5 deposits. First they were told that they were only getting 4 pieces. Now they are only getting 2. They refunded the deposits for the bottom 3 on the list. Lucky for me I am first on the list.

Mtnmansa likes this.
  8. Pepe Lucas Jun 15, 2019

That would really suck! Thinking that you are in a list for the watch and not getting it.

9. taz101 Jun 15, 2019

Completly agree
    Lol go back just a few pages to see the "this piece will be selling 15-20% under retail" ::facepalm2::

10. Pepe Lucas Jun 15, 2019

I know. Some were thinking about waiting to see it in the flesh ( thinking it might just sit there for a while) at an AD or OB to decide to buy it or not.

11. Duckie Jun 15, 2019

Nah, not the 50th. IMO that was never going to happen.
    Especially now with something about the Apollo program and the Artemis program regularly in the news these days. This along with exhibitions and the First Man movie and the new Imax movie about Apollo XI, even 6969 units will sell easily.

Perhaps after the gloss wears of in a number of years a used one or two will show up minus the box or all the kit at a reduced price?

taz101 and Pepe Lucas like this.
  12. taz101 Jun 15, 2019

I think anyone who manages to lose the box and papers on possibly the most historically significant piece Omega have knocked out since the original speedy deserves to take a hit

jlam1127 likes this.
  13. Duckie Jun 15, 2019

You may be right.
    But it doesn't take into consideration all aspects of what life can throw at one over the years with changing circumstances and all that encompasses.

14. taz101 Jun 15, 2019

Mhm i've seen guys from The Second World War on Antiques Shows with their original pepsi box, papers and sales receipt if they can manage it we can!

I don't get how people lose the stuff - just put all the documents in the box - put the box in the back of your wardrobe and don't touch it

15. Duckie Jun 15, 2019

In a perfect world you'd be right.
    But fire, flood, storm damage are just a few that come to mind without factoring in illness or complications arising out of relationship issues which may or may not be related to theft of some kind. Not everything ends up on an episode of Judga Judy you know.

Then there are the real hard core types that don't value packaging of any kind.
    They'll just wack that watch on and throw everything else away and set about literally wearing the watch to death.

amiga500 likes this.
  16. tzachi Jun 15, 2019

does it come with a matching NIKE shoe? ...

17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 16, 2019

I’ve seen guys walk out of boutiques without anything but a watch before.
    Seen people at airports throw boxes in the bin before boarding flights.
    Have mentioned before it’s more common than you think amongst non watch people.
    Rolex stores in places in holiday destinations like Hawaii it’s probably a weekly occurrence.

18. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 16, 2019

I bought my first Omega Seamaster 600 when I was 17. The jeweller got out the box and other stuff, I said don't worry, I'll just wear it now, left all the stuff with them.

Roll forward a few years when I bought a Submariner in Singapore. Kept all of the junk. Got home and gave to box to my daughter to put her trinkets in.
    When you're in the military and move houses/locations/countries every couple of years things don't always end up in the spot that they're supposed to be, no idea what happened to the papers.

19. Kingkongsfinger Jun 16, 2019

I paid my 20% deposit at the Manchester Boutique the day it was launched, I do hope I get the watch. I would imagine I was on top of the list but never bought from this shop or had an omega before so don’t know where I stand.
    I’m not a flipper, hopefully I will get it or I will be gutted.

amiga500, Japanred and jpjsavage like this.
  20. jpjsavage Jun 16, 2019

Fingers crossed for you!