Forums Latest Members

BREAKING NEWS - 50th Anniversary Apollo 11 in Steel Revealed

1. Pepe Lucas Jun 10, 2019

If it was my first interaction with him I would think that you are right but I have been a customer at this OB for a long time. I put the deposit for mine since March and this salesman is not the one that I normally work with so he wasn’t trying to sell me anything. We were just talking about watches and the upcoming pieces and he told me how he has a couple o customers that want the anniversary watch and wanted to put the deposit down to buy them but he could not assure them anything and they had to be on a waiting list because the allocation was sold out. I am with you about some people being able to find the watch if they really want it. Maybe they have really good connections and are able to jump on the list, maybe they are willing to pay a premium to get it on the gray market or maybe they wait for the hype to come down and buy it pre-owned. But I really think that this is not a piece that you can walk in any AD or OB and just find it sitting there for months or years.

Japanred, jlam1127 and MTROIS like this.
  2. jlam1127 Jun 11, 2019

You can always see who in the forum has one on reserve and see if you can work with them to get you one. I spoke with my OB and they are only selling a replacement band for buyers of the A11 50th.....so I requested to buy a replacement bracelet to see if it fits my other Speedy.

Edited Jun 11, 2019
  3. Longbow Jun 11, 2019

Do you intend to make the spare bracelet available to OF members at zero profit to you?

When you have sold the spare and decide that you need a replacement bracelet at some point in the future do you expect Omega to supply that also?

4. jlam1127 Jun 11, 2019

The intention is to see if it fits my other Speedy GSOM Meteorite since I love the thin bracelet. If it doesn't fit, then I'll probably let it go at cost. I'm not a big fan of "flipping" or making money off fellow collectors. I'm sure if I need another one, Omega would supply me with one for a price.....If I were them, I'd track to see how many of the replacement bracelets people are requesting and have a limit to them....

Longbow likes this.
  5. Longbow Jun 11, 2019

GSOM has 21mm lug-width, A11 is 20mm. Not a great fit.

6. jlam1127 Jun 11, 2019

UGH.....

7. Skyrider01 Jun 11, 2019

Exactly. The AD where I have my deposit, has 5 of us who have already paid for the watch. But they were told by omega that they will only be getting 4 pieces.

8. txylee Jun 14, 2019

My friend received a call from local AD that his watch has arrived. Anyone received the watch yet?

9. MTROIS Jun 14, 2019

Is it April’s fool day yet??

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 14, 2019

Heard some are on there way already to Aus.... for July release and to be delivered by or before the anniversary.

Edited Jun 15, 2019
  11. jpjsavage Jun 15, 2019

I had the call from my UK AD to say that they have received confirmation from Omega that I had been allocated a full gold and a stainless steel 50th speedmaster. They are not sure when they will arrive but I'm really excited!

Bp1000 and Mr Gadget like this.
  12. To the moon Jun 15, 2019

Apparently the 1st delivery to the boutiques in London will be the end of July. Each store receiving 30 pieces with over 500 names on each stores waiting list NO deposits taken

jpjsavage likes this.
  13. txylee Jun 15, 2019

I thought this seems
    I was told July by the boutique here as well so I was surprised to hear that this AD has one. Maybe I will drop by later to check it out.

14. Skyrider01 Jun 15, 2019

My AD just texted me. He said they will start getting them in July. This is in the US

15. Japanred Jun 15, 2019

How does this work with regards getting one then? Just keep calling in in person every day until you get lucky? Or can you just phone up every morning to get one?

16. blokk Jun 15, 2019

500 names each store? Where did you hear this from?

17. To the moon Jun 15, 2019

If you have purchased from a boutique before and have a relationship with them then you have nothing to worry about. If not, then I would say, it's the grey market for you. Unfortunately this piece will be as close to the Daytona as Omega could hope for for a while. If you have a chance on this iconic piece.... Take it!

rohnin and amiga500 like this.
  18. To the moon Jun 15, 2019

Ask your boutique store manager...

19. Pepe Lucas Jun 15, 2019

I was just wondering how the dealers will work with the people on list with no deposits. Let’s say the store gets 30 and 50 people on waiting list. Do they call in order when each customer signed? What if they call you and they can’t reach you, do they try later or keep moving down the list until someone goes and gets the watch?

Japanred likes this.
  20. To the moon Jun 15, 2019

Out of the 500 names, I would say only 40% will be true buyers. The others will be people who have put there names down in multiple stores as well as chancers and flippers. This still takes you well over the allocation. The local AD will be lucky to see 1-2 pieces and I would guess that there list would be around 40-50 names. But, this is only a guess. Omega will definatley be loving the fact that this piece will springboard them closer to the crown ned alone the moon..