Forums Latest Members

BREAKING NEWS - 50th Anniversary Apollo 11 in Steel Revealed

1. Japanred May 30, 2019

Agreed.

2. jpjsavage May 30, 2019

Apparently it is under consumer laws.

3. Japanred May 30, 2019

People reserve things all the time, from new car orders to Argos products. I just can’t see this being against the law. It’s widespread in every market.

4. Japanred May 30, 2019

:( Sorry I’m bored at work. Should probably try to keep this thread on topic...

5. taz101 May 30, 2019

[​IMG]

6. taz101 May 30, 2019

No he means against UK law to physically pay money to reserve as you are not guaranteed to receive it in this case.
    Putting your name down on a list is fine but unless the AD or boutique have told you 100% you are getting one, it's just a chance

7. Kingkongsfinger May 30, 2019

Hi, which boutique is having an opening evening, would be interested in attending?

8. Japanred May 30, 2019

From what he said he gave the impression that I have definitely got one. He said he had one left and it was mine.

9. Japanred May 30, 2019

I don’t remember which one said what, sorry. Think the open day is a week on wed though.
    Rob

10. Evitzee May 30, 2019

The various markets are all playing this a little differently, some is due to legal reasons but I think most is due to in-country Omega management decisions. In the US there was a procedure to secure your watch, usually a full 100% refundable deposit at which time the Boutique would contact the US Omega individual keeping the 'master list' informing them that a firm order was in place. Apparently every week the boutique managers were told how many unallocated watches were still available and once that number got to '0' the books were closed, no more deposits. In late March I was told they had about 110 pieces left in the US boutique allocation which was eventually run down to zero. I'm sure some watches were left in reserve to account for the final number of pieces given them by Omega, screw ups or particularly good clients who would decide they wanted one late in the game. Other countries, like the UK and Australia, took the 'I know nothing' position for awhile and did not even do a waiting list until late in the game, some still not accepting deposits. Personally, I think those countries where they won't take a deposit are doing their customers a disservice, what they are essentially saying is we (in-country Omega management) will decide who gets these watches and it doesn't matter if you are first in line to express interest or willing to make a deposit. So if there is no deposit made Omega can skip over a name on a waiting list (maybe a first time buyer) and give it to someone else they deem to be a better, more worthy buyer, ie who is more valuable to them in the long run. Call me cynical but that is how these things work. Companies love to hide behind rules and regulations, real or imagined.

Edited May 30, 2019
    Kingkongsfinger likes this.
  11. Pepe Lucas May 30, 2019

I kind of feel the same way about the way Rolex is working with the steel watches now and specially the Daytona. I’m supposed to be on a waiting list because they don’t take deposits. I have been waiting almost 3 years and don’t know if I ever would get one. I go to the AD every month to make sure that they keep me in their mind. But still, you never know if someone that has spent more money than you is cutting in front of you.

larryganz likes this.
  12. Omega-Q May 30, 2019

Speedys & Crypto and gyromiterob like this.
  13. larryganz The cable guy May 30, 2019

I’m in the same boat, except both of my AD in Denver with my name on “the list” flat out told me that someone who spends $50-100K at their store moves to the front of the line. An acquaintance of mine who got on the list right before me got his ceramic Daytona from one of them over a year ago - he buys more stuff than I do, and sells what he doesn’t like to buy another.

PS; If I was willing to take the risk of selling them privately, I could buy a Rolex from them once a month and after selling it I could use the proceeds to buy the next one, and move up in line. It’s not worth the trouble.

14. Bak1962 May 30, 2019

I predict that these watches will be instant classics. Demand will keep it above the retail $ figure forever.

Speedys & Crypto and taz101 like this.
  15. Bak1962 May 30, 2019

There are a few million true speedy fans in the world, and new ones every day. Only 6969 made on this most historic anniversary. A little gold in this watch is truly appropriate. Its the Golden Anniversary! Moonshine is a new roll out and that is unique in itself. Buzz coming down the ladder is also appropriate as well. Think about it, he had the first ever Omega on moon when Armstrong left his in LM. Much thought went into this watch. DON nice throwback approach as well. Back case will become legend on this watch as well.

Edited Jun 1, 2019
    Pepe Lucas and taz101 like this.
  16. Skyblue44 May 31, 2019

The watch is nice, although I am not sure I will go for it. The bracelet, I want more. I wonder what it would actually look like paired with a regular Speedy?

Pun likes this.
  17. Bp1000 May 31, 2019

the flat link bracelet was the original design as first seen in 1957 on the CK2915 and made it to the first speedmaster pro watches.

It’s also my fav speedy bracelet but I’m 99% sure this one has different end link designs, an extra lip where it attaches to the case and therefore will not sit correctly with a normal speedy pro case.

Shame

Longbow and taz101 like this.
  18. taz101 May 31, 2019

You'll never know they said it's not happening

19. Longbow Jun 1, 2019

Well I guess someone here, that has both, will try that combination at some point.

It is highly unlikely that you will be able to walk in to an AD or OB and just order the bracelet on its own, but I‘m sure folks will eventually figure out how to make it happen.

Pun likes this.
  20. gyromiterob Jun 1, 2019

IMG_20190601_184753.jpg 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190601184230173_COVER.jpg