Forums Latest Members

BREAKING NEWS - 50th Anniversary Apollo 11 in Steel Revealed

1. Evitzee May 17, 2019

Novelty, as used by the Swiss, means a new product. It does not carry the cheap connotation that most Americans associate with the word.

2. jpjsavage May 18, 2019

It's really funny that you wrote that. I love the new Speedmaster and, fingers crossed, may be able to get one later this year. The same AD also has the Rolex franchise and they phoned me yesterday afternoon about the waiting list for the Pepsi GMT (which I've been on since Basel 2018). No sign of that watch, but they offered me the new 126710BLNR 'Batman' instead! It seemed rude to refuse so I'm picking it up on Wednesday. Very excited!

3. padders Oooo subtitles! May 18, 2019

Uhuh which is why they just started a bespoke manufacture line for the 321 and never shut the heck up about their classic models which they recycle incessantly.

4. pongster May 18, 2019

Indeed. Re armstrong

But i like the watch. Ordered both this and moonshine gold.

Speedys & Crypto and watcholone like this.
  5. steelfish May 18, 2019

Looks amazing. I'd have one in a heartbeat. Only downer for me is the slightly cheesy (IMHO) caseback, but who's going to see it when it's on your wrist 24/7

6. rainking May 18, 2019

I pretty much couldn’t be more disappointed with these 50th anniversary Speedies. Pretty lame, but that’s just my opinion.
    However, you guys complaining that the OMEGA isn’t centered should pop onto Omega’s site and look at its official logo/branding on the site itself and on, say, the product shot of the standard moon watch. You’ll see immediately that the E is most definitely not centered below the Omega symbol on any of it ...

lando, savio.79 and To the moon like this.
  7. 105012 May 18, 2019

The 9 o'clock subdial brings a whole new meaning to 'moon' watch! And the mucus ring sapphire crystal, what were they thinking! This could have been so much better in my opinion...

8. To the moon May 18, 2019

But that would mean 1 less negative comment....::rimshot::

9. LeonDeBayonne May 18, 2019

@blubarb In 20 years time, collectors will cherish that kind of details. Just like the "Long E" in early matte 1975s or the long 5 on 1960s subs bezels :D Joke apart, yes, it is a bit weird, but I can that this can be adjusted.

blubarb likes this.
  10. savio.79 May 18, 2019

5E7B0CC3-5BD1-48BD-BA17-537A3D872FF8.jpeg Case closed

11. hbombkid May 18, 2019

I knew going into the reveal I would not like it. I knew yellow gold would be involved and not a fan of yellow gold.

The price is a little steep. Even to buy just cause it’s a le I don’t think you will be able to flip it for a decent amount of profit.

blubarb likes this.
  12. blubarb May 18, 2019

I suspect it’s only big deal if the E is aligned or not for the pedant. The question I have to ask myself is “am I a pedant or not?” :D I have a non perfect 666 dial, a non perfect 321 dial, a non perfect 861dial and the list goes on. It’s not really a worry at this stage of my life. :thumbsdown:

I guess my thinking was that Omega could have used the same font as that used in the 105.012-66/-67 so as to more accurately reflect the time period as an anniversary watch. The current logo font is also used with the current SM300, et al.

So the case is only closed if you accept that the modern font is truly representative of the period. I guess as one case door closes another opens. Personally, forget about the E and think more about the “me”, that is, do I like it enough to shell out that kind of money for it? I will always prefer a true vintage Speedy over an anniversary Speedy. To those who love it, go for it! To those who are ambivalent, well, make your mind up and for those who don’t like it back to OF forum sales looking for some great vintage Speedy buys. :whistling: ;)

Happy hunting whatever your choice. :thumbsup:

61F7BF78-2F41-4054-A131-AC6E4A2CB126.jpeg

13. 77deluxe May 18, 2019

Too busy.

14. FlyingSnoopy May 18, 2019

A controversial model....
    After the gold one that was announced a little while ago and seems to be loved the steel one arrives...
    From the Instagram teasers you could have guess that it would have some gold in it... b/w with a small gold detail in film and photos..
    50th anniversary is gold
    So Omega tried to do an LE differently but a large number..
    I kind of like the bicolour dash which is very Italian...
    The nine o’clock sub dial seems a bit odd but all the other details are well thought and although a large number it will be sold out...
    Is it going to be a grail and collectible piece?
    Time will tell but the combination of little gold, the grey that feels blue dial and the great back side seems awesome...
    But let’s see it it metal first...
    Cheers

taz101 and blubarb like this.
  15. taz101 May 18, 2019

100% this..it's these interesting watches that set them aside form the normal ones

16. Screwbacks May 18, 2019

i hate to say this, but pardon me if i do it. lots of omega fans were just duped. first, omega highly hyped a reissue of 321. then, many made their deposits. but, 3861 all gold anniversary came out. another thrill and suspense for another one coming, an ss to be released. this time. unfortunately, it's 2 tone. ! anbut wait many seemed to like it. so deposits are collected. problem is, where is the 321? well, just be ready with another deposits because omega will make another secret announcement. sales will be picking up more.:mad:

blubarb likes this.
  17. Speedy2254 May 18, 2019

I agree. I'd love one of those for my Speedmaster.

Pun likes this.
  18. Caliber561 May 18, 2019

Honestly, kind of surprised why there was so much hype about the 321. You can get a nice vintage 321 for probably less than whatever Omega will ask for a new one...

Screwbacks, mblease and Archer like this.
  19. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 18, 2019

Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

Please keep this a little known secret for the benefit of those of us who are still working on scoring more vintage Speedmasters...

ck1109, blubarb, SpeedyPhill and 3 others like this.
  20. Inpw May 19, 2019

Is it just me or has there been more buzz (no pun intended) about the 60th trilogy once we got to see the actual watches? It's been relatively quiet in here, relatively speaking, of course. I would've expected threads like this one to explode. Considering the 60th models didn't sell at that well, I would't bet on there being much of a profit to be made from flipping. All the better for real fans, I guess.