Forums Latest Members
  1. dbf73 May 22, 2020

For those of you with a regularly worn watch with more than one band or bracelet, how often do you change back and forth? Just bought an Omega Planet Ocean TI with a bracelet but considering rubber strap and wondering how often I would wear it and change over

2. YY77 May 22, 2020

I'd rather you ask for my pincode instead of such a personal question::rimshot::

3. BatDad May 22, 2020

Watches with leather straps get swapped around a fair bit. Doesn’t take long to do at all.

Those with bracelets particularly vintage bracelets stay on for a while as I personally find it a PITA and I don’t want to fit the endlinks over and over.

dbf73 likes this.
  4. vbrad26 May 22, 2020

I really only have 2 watches that I swap straps out on, my Speedy and my Hamilton.
    The Hamilton NEVER sees the bracelet it came with anymore. Instead that one gets the most action with strap swaps. At least once a week, sometimes more. Just depends on how I'm feeling I guess.
    The Speedy primarily stays on the bracelet. However I will swap a different strap onto it at least once a month, sometimes more. Just depends on how I'm feeling I guess...lol. Honestly though the Speedy gets worn to the office almost every day so if it comes off the bracelet it is because I want to swap it out to something more casual for the weekend. But again that is sort of what the Hammy is for...
    Taking a bracelet off is definitely more time consuming (hardly, but still true), for me at least, so that is why the Hamilton gets more strap change action, just because it is easy and can be done in under 30 seconds usually. Sometimes even without a tool...
    Specifically, for you, I'd imagine you'd do something similar to me and the Speedy. Keep it on the bracelet during the work week, and then switch it up to bee more casual (and probably comfortable) for the weekend.

dbf73 likes this.
  5. JwRosenthal May 22, 2020

For me, vintage watches with factory bracelets- those are usually a lifelong pairing (I’m a bracelet guy). But if the bracelet sucks (like the early 70’s hair puller on my Speedy), then I try to find the right strap for it. Once I find that “perfect strap”, it stays on for a while. But I am like the princess and the pea and it really needs to be perfect or it goes in a matter of a single day. But one that may not work on one watch may work in another- so I rarely get rid of straps.

BatDad and dbf73 like this.
  6. gpstar May 22, 2020

With my Planet Ocean, I will take the bracelet off and put a Nato strap on when I go do sport, physical activities, weekend hikes in the mountains, etc. It only takes me less than a minute to do the swap.

Otherwise I keep the bracelet on for everyday stuff.

7. ama98 May 22, 2020

During summer I always use NATO on my Diver 300M. When the weather getting colder I change it back to the bracelet.

8. JwRosenthal May 22, 2020

I guess it’s a good point about seasons- I do leather on most of my vintage watches in colder months and switch to NATO’s or perlon in the summer- bracelets in summer too as you can wash them off. Leather will get nasty within one summer here in the sweaty mid-Atlantic.

9. Jonathan40 May 22, 2020

Funny as I’m the other way around. Bracelets more in summer as I don’t want my arms warm under leather or fabric so steel suits me as its cold. In winter cold steel bracelets are a no no so leather and fabric rule.

ama98 and BatDad like this.
  10. Drb477 May 22, 2020

I probably change speedmaster or aqua terra weekly. They accept same straps, ive yet to put the yellow rubber on speedmaster though. My POs have never left their oem rubber. Thought about getting oem bracelets but ultimately expensive enough id just assume get another watch PhotoGrid_1589329713860.jpg

11. texasmade May 22, 2020

537D21A8-4D05-4B16-A56D-4F136F0D627A.jpeg 3C4905AC-FFFA-4C7C-9AE9-D49C4D3B8E5B.jpeg

I had my Seamaster on the bracelet for years and the recently started to put it on a strap. I had it on a NATO last year and recently put it on a calfskin strap.

I set an appointment for the Houston OB and bought a rubber strap today.

377BE76A-0145-4937-ACA8-A6B6C6D63687.jpeg