Birthyear Omega as a Gift

If your dad wanted a vintage watch he probably would’ve kept one of the three he gave you.
70 is a pretty big birthday ( having just been there myself) why don’t you step up and buy him a nice new watch that would be a special gift. And if he seemed not interested you could return it. New Aqua Terra maybe. That would be a special gift IMO

The thing I know he really likes is a Cal. 33.3, but those cost an arm and a leg. Either way, if he learnt I spent thousands on a gift for him, he'd turn that gift into an improvised weapon 😁. Your wisdom is appreciated though.

The thing I know he really likes is a Cal. 33.3, but those cost an arm and a leg. Either way, if he learnt I spent thousands on a gift for him, he'd turn that gift into an improvised weapon 😁. Your wisdom is appreciated though.
I’m sure your dad will appreciate whatever you do!

@GuiltyGear I'm not sure what you decided to do, but here is a stunning 1954 Omega.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/195...ots-sub-second-hand-344-cal-bumper-au.170055/

What I was thinking is that a watch, if treated right, can survive many generations. When the time comes (far in the future!), that same watch I gift him will be handed down to me (I'm an only child), and who knows, to my kids in the even far future. Kind of like the gold watch in Pulp Fiction, minus the a$$. Having said that, I now realize the watch I originally planned to gift, doesn't make sense. That beefy lugs bumper does, a lot! Thanks for pointing it out.

I want to understand first if he will appreciate a watch and not just force him into it. Maybe he wants a new, I don't know, guitar. I'll act accordingly from there.