Forums Latest Members

[BEWARE] Partymausa / Lars Leker / Antje Rendelmann / Rita Lecker

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 7, 2019

<the "seller FB" section doesn't seem to be taken in account when one clicks the "latest" button, so I figured out I put this here instead of not even giving it a chance to be seen before it gets buried into 99% of positive feedback for everyone else, as the OF community overall is a good bunch. Mods, pls kindly move this somewhere else if you disagree>

All,

I just want to report some dishonest activity from a seller outside of OF - maybe that person is active on OF under another name, and if that's the case, is more than encouraged to tell the other side of the story here.

The seller name is partymausa on ebay, emails are sent by a person called Antje Rendelmann, paypals account is under the name Rita Leker. Let's call this person Antje for the sake of simplicity.

Here's a shortened version of what happened:

A bit less than two months ago, i spotted this zenith bracelet on ebay:
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Zenith-A386...band-unpoliert-unpolish-GF-02-71/264457591941Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I pinged the seller via ebay PM, asking if there were some ZJ end-links for sale too. The seller said that if I win the auction, I could also purchase the end-links, for a very tempting price, which we agreed upon.

A couple of days later, as I win the auction, the seller tells me to pay for the auction, and to wire half of the extra we agreed upon via Paypal, as it is not possible to have both covered by the ebay checkout system. Fine... I pay the auction itself. We then move to email, this is when the name Antje Rendelmann appears.

- Then I pay the extra a first time by paypal - the seller sends it back saying i didn't cover the fees. ok...
    - Then I pay a second time as "goods and service", but I bump up the total to cover the fees - the seller sends it back saying it should be F&F. By that time, my spider senses are tingling, but the seller's reputation on ebay looks right, so i'm taking the risk. YOLO.
    - Then i pay a third time for the extra by F&F... last time I will see my money.

Then the bracelet arrives - with ZC links. Not at all what we had agreed. And the seller become as quiet as it gets. After many emails, the seller finally re-engages then apologizes and says her husband shipped the wrong links vs. what was planned, and then that her father passed away a few days ago, so this got buried under priorities... the seller finally resends another package.

The package takes seemingly forever to arrive - for a good reason: the seller had put an incomplete address on it, I'm actually wondering how this was able to make it to me at all... Anyway. Once I get it much later, the contents are chunks of stamped metal that do look like ZJ from atop and from afar, but (1) are not stamped ZJ on the underside like they should be, and (2) have some unknown notches manufactured at the bottom to reach provide an easier reach to the springbars. These are not ZJ's by any means.

This whole thing has lasted for about two months now. The seller has not answered any of my emails for about 10ds now where I'm asking for this to be straightened out. I tend to leave people the benefit of the doubt when there's a conflict (
    https://medium.com/@BlairOutLoud/3-benefits-in-my-life-from-assuming-positive-intent-8c2024400d8
    ) but I have now officially lost faith.

So beware of:
    partymausa: https://www.ebay.ie/usr/partymausa?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 - ebay seller, IG (private) also it seems.
    Antje Rendelmann: [email protected] - emails.
    Rita Leker: [email protected] - paypal account.

if you do a couple of quick searchs on the internet, the name Anjte Rendelmann comes up within a few watch-focused webpages, forums or blogs, usually german-speaking... so the person does seem to exist, or has been smart enough to created a trail that looks very realistic. I have a postal address on the packages that supposedly shows a sender's address, but i think is not worth anything.

Happy to provide email logs if someone wants more.

Also happy to read about the seller if she is here too, and with (a lot of...) hope we can maybe fix all this.

Paul

PS: yes, bad summer 2019 for me, first the icelandic scam, then this. Again, I've lost "minor" amounts compared to some of you who've had full watches missing...

Edited Nov 7, 2019
    Speedimaster likes this.
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 7, 2019

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Because, for posterity, pictures are better then ebay links :thumbsup:

Edited by a mod Jun 1, 2023
  3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 7, 2019

You are absolutely correct, thank you.

Paul

eugeneandresson likes this.
  4. mr_yossarian Nov 7, 2019

I didn't fully read your story, my bell rang at partymause already.
    The actual person behind this account is a well known German scammer, at least well known among German collectors.

He was banned here in 2018, he was stupid enough to use his German scammer-alias "roadsternet" here.
    @JimJupiter and me noticed that early, we were alarmed and as soon as he started to show the same patterns of behaviour here as in the past, we reported it to the mods. As a result, he was banned. Unfortunately the whole case was just discussed in a private message con.
    I would like to post it here, but might need the approval from any or all of the guys.

@cicindela @Trev @dsio @DLT222 any concerns if I do?

JimJupiter, Lonestar and Nathan1967 like this.
  5. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 7, 2019

Thanks @mr_yossarian, so I'm truly SOL on this one then. Sorry to hear other have been scammed. Crazy that the seller has a decent track record on ebay... Oh well. Stay safe out there everyone. Paul

6. mr_yossarian Nov 7, 2019

Wow..just read your post...exactly what I meant when I said "known pattern" of behaviour..excuses, lies, wrong parts, forced delays..etc..a notorious liar and scammer.
    btw: the scammers real name is...Lars Leker..there you go.

Lonestar and JimJupiter like this.
  7. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 7, 2019

Sounds like a character straight out of...

[​IMG]

lando, asrnj77, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  8. siguzzi Nov 7, 2019

9. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Nov 7, 2019

So Paul, why no negative feedback left on eBay for Partymausa?

Lonestar likes this.
  10. mr_yossarian Nov 7, 2019

The Ebay account he is using is most likely his wife's.
    The guy has easy a 10 year track record of scamming, he started with bicycle parts on cyclist forums in Germany, then eventually got "into" watches. I did some research back then, notorious guy.

KingCrouchy and Lonestar like this.
  11. mr_yossarian Nov 7, 2019

ther is negative feedback, buried in the history there. But as said, this account is known and was discussed on german forums regarding the scammer.

Lonestar likes this.
  12. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 7, 2019

And still nobody did set his house on fire? :coffee:

13. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 7, 2019

Since they are a shitty person, why not file a not as described claim on the original bracelet purchase, you've just found out it is a counterfeit...

BradleyJ. likes this.
  14. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 7, 2019

Because up until I saw all these answers, I still had the secret hope that I would get my stuff in the end. I guess it isn't going to happen.

So I will leave negative feedback on eBay indeed shortly, though it could be challenged from a purely formal standpoint: I did actually received the ladder bracelet I paid for which was the only thing the eBay sale was related to. The bracelet is totally ok with the ad and is actually very nice...:rolleyes:

the end-links that were the scam, and this was outside of eBay even though it was strongly connected to it.

I'm also updating the title of this topic so the guy's real name is mentioned right at the top.

Thanks,
    Paul

Edited Nov 7, 2019
  15. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 7, 2019

Yes, but...

16. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 7, 2019

Please elaborate :) I'm totally open about how to "best"handle this all...

17. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 7, 2019

I’m puzzled. A real scammer would take your cash and leave you twisting in the breeze.

This person (s) sent you the bracelet you ordered and end links that are not correct (but functional)?

I think this is more a story of incompetence (both as a scammer and a parts source) than fraud. Regardless, sorry for your pain. File a complaint with E-Bay.

DaveK likes this.
  18. timestamp Nov 7, 2019

I followed the whole drama on the German Uhrforum back in the day, and all I can say is I am amazed how this guy is still not only active, but using some of his old implicated accounts... he was legally bankrupt and has been sued several times, and keeps going without even trying to hide behind new usernames... amazing.

19. timestamp Nov 7, 2019

Selling incomplete/defective/delayed stuff is part of his modus operandi...

Walrus and mr_yossarian like this.
  20. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 7, 2019

So you leave negative feedback.

The seller complains to eBay and it gets reversed.

You can't substantiate any claims about the links because you WENT TO EMAILS!

If it had all been via eBay message you would have had a case, but now you'll have to call the police.

(Sorry to seem so flippant, but you are your own worst enemy).

Lonestar likes this.