Forums Latest Members
  1. The Don Sep 3, 2019

Just a heads up all, I purchased a 30th Apollo XI from mints_house_japan last week and paid via PayPal and received a tracking number. 2 days later I get an eBay message saying the package was damaged by EMS, then upon further questioning they claim it was damaged on the way to EMS, then finally they said it was a friends watch and they were sorry.

Almost a week later no watch and no refund though they did cancel the order on eBay!

Big headaches!

2. Meme-Dweller Sep 3, 2019

All the Japanese dealers I have dealt with have been very easy to deal with and had no issues at all, at least 30 different dealers over the years from eBay and Rakuten Global.

The only problem I've ever had with a Japanese seller was with an eBay user named Koji-Koji. Similar MO-- blaming EMS for damage.
    Someone started a WUS thread on him a few years back: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/curious-case-koji-koji-ebay-watch-scammer-part-i-2296314.html
    Maybe he's back!

3. pianomankd Sep 4, 2019

If the order is cancelled, you'll get refunded eventually.

4. The Don Sep 4, 2019

The whole thing is so strange! I received a $20 deposit in my PayPal account from the sell last night with a note to use it towards another purchase then confirmed this morning I was fully refunded.
    I thought it would be cool to own either an Apollo XI or XVII however most of them with boxes and paperwork are either in Italy or Japan and most sellers want top dollar for them.

Too much trouble for a special engraved case back so I opted for a factory fresh Speedy from Harley-Time out of Florida.

fskywalker likes this.