Battle of the vintage inspired chrono's: OMEGA vs LONGINES

Dear watch friends,

I absolutely love the vintage racing inspired chronographs that are on the dressy side of things, and though on a tight budget - under 3K euros -, I'm looking for such piece. In particular I'm eyeing the two watches down below (but I'm open to other recommendations). I'm willing to buy slightly used.

In the left corner, we have the LONGINES heritage classic "tuxedo" chrongraph (L2.830.4.93.0).

Thread continues under the picture

19601693-8npav7y71p8ve51xt2qmqbdp-ExtraLarge.jpg
I really like the overal design aesthetic of the watch. The dial though seems a bit too beige for my taste on some pictures, though admittedly the watch I haven't seen in real life yet. (None of the longines dealers around me have it in stock, unfortunately). I like the size and thickness of the watch, but I'd put another strap on it (brown leather).

In the right corner we have the OMEGA speedmaster racing co-axial "reverse panda" (326.30.40.50.01.002):
omega-speedmaster-racing-32630405001002-l.png

This one is stretching my budget a little bit, but my main factor of hesitation is the thickness. I prefer the three register dial layout.

Which one would you pick, and why?

- I'm also aware of the Norqain Freedom 60 40mm version N2201_Freedom_60_Chrono_40mm_Anthracite_Alcantara_Website_1000x1250-600x750.png
(Anyone has experience with this brand/watch?)
- As well as the Hamilton Intramatic manual wound
h38429730.png
Which looks lovely. But the markings on the dial are quite similair to a watch I already own (the Sinn 104 with it's stripes as minute markers). Also, the subdials are quite too beige IMHO. I haven't seen it yet IRL.

-> Just for context, I'm aiming to build a 3 piece watch collection. One watch is a dress watch (I already have it), one is a every day work watch (I already have it), and now I'm looking for a third and final "chronograph" fun watch.
The Dress watch is an Omega Deville Prestige, and the EDC watch is a Sinn 104:
a6rch4475h391.jpg

Which of the two main contenders would you pick, or would you go down another route, i.e like the other ones suggested? Or do you have another suggestion? Love to hear it!

I love the Speedmaster racing. The dial, texture and detail really do it for me. I love the date window as well and overall think it a superior watch. That’s my vote!

One more thought, have you considered a Heuer Autavia? It might be too thick for your preference but with the racing heritage and aesthetic it might be up your alley.

Forgive my modern watch ignorance, but what makes the Speedmaster vintage inspired?
I think it looks like the 60's or 70's racing chronograph

One more thought, have you considered a Heuer Autavia? It might be too thick for your preference but with the racing heritage and aesthetic it might be up your alley.

Thanks, interesting one! Though I think it has a lot of the design queues that I also find in my Sinn. What's the reference of your watch so I can look it up more?

I don’t quite recall the reference but if you google Heuer Autavia and the Autavia cup you’ll find the information you’re after.

There was also some changes from the initial release to what’s available now regarding the sub dials. The model I had was the updated one with additional markers in the minute sub hand. Cheers

The Longines or the very classic Hamilton.

Hamilton would be my choice. Lovely watch!

For me the Longines. A date in the subdial or placed between 4 and 5? Not for me.
You already have a white and a black dial. The Hamilton is more black than white. So the Longines would fit perfectly.

Longines for sure, but I'm biased! Hamilton comes second though I just can't comprehend why they had to crowd the dial with the "mechanical"! A big no no for me.
Edited:

The Longines. Or a Furlan Marri and save the rest up for an El Primero or Speedmaster 60th Trilogy in the future.😁

Photos from Revolution Watch and Monochrome Watches.

Team Longines. They know how to produce a "heritage" piece without looking like a pastiche. Embrace the beige.

Dear watch friends,

I absolutely love the vintage racing inspired chronographs that are on the dressy side of things, and though on a tight budget - under 3K euros -, I'm looking for such piece. In particular I'm eyeing the two watches down below (but I'm open to other recommendations). I'm willing to buy slightly used.

In the left corner, we have the LONGINES heritage classic "tuxedo" chrongraph (L2.830.4.93.0).

Thread continues under the picture

19601693-8npav7y71p8ve51xt2qmqbdp-ExtraLarge.jpg
I really like the overal design aesthetic of the watch. The dial though seems a bit too beige for my taste on some pictures, though admittedly the watch I haven't seen in real life yet. (None of the longines dealers around me have it in stock, unfortunately). I like the size and thickness of the watch, but I'd put another strap on it (brown leather).

In the right corner we have the OMEGA speedmaster racing co-axial "reverse panda" (326.30.40.50.01.002):
omega-speedmaster-racing-32630405001002-l.png

This one is stretching my budget a little bit, but my main factor of hesitation is the thickness. I prefer the three register dial layout.

Which one would you pick, and why?

- I'm also aware of the Norqain Freedom 60 40mm version N2201_Freedom_60_Chrono_40mm_Anthracite_Alcantara_Website_1000x1250-600x750.png
(Anyone has experience with this brand/watch?)
- As well as the Hamilton Intramatic manual wound
h38429730.png
Which looks lovely. But the markings on the dial are quite similair to a watch I already own (the Sinn 104 with it's stripes as minute markers). Also, the subdials are quite too beige IMHO. I haven't seen it yet IRL.

-> Just for context, I'm aiming to build a 3 piece watch collection. One watch is a dress watch (I already have it), one is a every day work watch (I already have it), and now I'm looking for a third and final "chronograph" fun watch.
The Dress watch is an Omega Deville Prestige, and the EDC watch is a Sinn 104:
a6rch4475h391.jpg

Which of the two main contenders would you pick, or would you go down another route, i.e like the other ones suggested? Or do you have another suggestion? Love to hear it!

Love the Sinn, on my short list…..

Love the Sinn, on my short list…..

Yeah it's a really great watch. I love it. I wear it on an army green NATO strap when I'm sporting a t-shirt. Or when I have a shirt on, I swap the NATO for a brown leather band. It's really versatile. It's also really REALLY accurate. 10/10 would recommend (I slightly bought used)

Team Longines. They know how to produce a "heritage" piece without looking like a pastiche. Embrace the beige.

Agreed. The new Tissot 1938 telemeter is quite similair, though with a 42mm case.

Here is a simulation of how my 3 piece watch collection would look like together:
6RhGdu7.jpeg