Forums Latest Members

Baltic Aquascaphe-Now open for pre-order.

1. JPE.88305 Jun 27, 2019

Ok 4.7x

2. JPE.88305 Jun 27, 2019

...that number gets smaller every time I visit the damn Baltic site...
    Seriously tho the bb58 is a fantastic watch:thumbsup:

Observer and MTROIS like this.
  3. Folgono Jun 30, 2019

Here is a shitty pic of my BB58 with the blue gilt Aquascaphe. The quality of the BB58 is of course superior in term of finishing, but when you have the two in hand the Baltic doesn't feel cheap at all. It is actually really well made for the price, and if you like it in picture you'll like on the wrist. Considering the price gap the Aquascaphe is a good alternative for a nicely sized diver if you're not 100% settled on the blackbay and you just want a cool "toolwatch".
    Proportions are perfect, bracelet is nice looking and comfy with plenty of holes on the buckle for precise adjustments contrary to most modern bracelets and bezel action is neat too.

I worked with Etienne (the man behind Baltic), and I can tell you that the future projects are really exciting too. :cool:

IMG_20190529_001054__01.jpg

filmir, JPE.88305, 64Wing and 2 others like this.
  4. sdre Jun 30, 2019

spider sense tells me a gmt is in the pipe line :D

filmir, 64Wing and Larry S like this.
  5. Folgono Jun 30, 2019

I'm not allowed to say anything. ::popcorn::

sdre and 64Wing like this.
  6. opahman Jun 30, 2019

2125F485-6B90-451C-BF48-FABFA485E02E.jpeg You can’t go wrong with this one.....

wagudc, Taddyangle, Larry S and 3 others like this.
  7. OHS Jul 5, 2019

Just arrived... about a week ahead of schedule! A very nice little parcel waiting for me when I got home from work :)
    IMG_20190705_200511.jpg

And this thing doesn't disappoint..lovely and solid, nice weight to it, great size and the dial and hands are just spot on.

The lume is possibly half a shade darker than I expected but nothing to fret about.

At first I wasn't too keen on the strap, especially the big, wide, buckle but it's growing on me!

I bought this to stop myself beating up my bb58 and I really don't think it will be a struggle reaching for it in the morning :)

filmir, Larry S, MTROIS and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mtnmansa Jul 5, 2019

So received mine earlier this week.
    I wish DHL was not the carrier of choice (they couldn’t find a pint in a brewery) ::facepalm2::
    Met all expectations and more. The bracelet is epic !.

451DA1B7-EFB1-4BC3-896E-D4FA2CE9261B.jpeg C2060F01-15F2-45EC-A0AF-A017564D797E.jpeg
    Shabbaz, Kmart, MarktheTime and 3 others like this.
  9. Kmart Jul 18, 2019

Man, I love the blue dial but that black dial looks absolutely superb on leather. Killer choice! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Larry S and sdre like this.
  10. NT931 Jul 21, 2019

My blue gilt arrived! Well there was a bit of a snafu, but I'm glad Baltic made it right.

Basically, although I ordered it in June, I asked Baltic to deliver it later in August as I was travelling in the 2nd half of Jul. They said OK, and then suddenly I had a DHL incoming from Baltic, and I opened it to find a box, with spare links and guarantee card, and NO watch!

I kinda freaked out of course, and I'm not sure what happened over in France, but I emailed Baltic in some consternation. They were quite apologetic, promised delivery of the watch, and within 2 working days sent over a watch + bracelet as ordered , plus a bonus tropic strap and bonus Perlon strap, and that sorted things out .

The watch itself is well made for the price bracket, and the BOR bracelet is quite comfy. Really digging the blue gilt dial! It's very good value for the price, and it ticks a lot of boxes - correct size, no date, not too thick at 12mm, attractive dial, water resistance, vintage cues, micro-adjustment holes and comfortable bracelet, decent lume.

And a word to all the microbrands out there - despite Baltic's error , this is how you do service recovery! Very commendable service on their part. :thumbsup:

8B62D46E-EAFD-4FB9-9DDB-EB95B3DCD7E9.jpeg

Edited Jul 22, 2019
    Kmart, MTROIS, Shabbaz and 2 others like this.
  11. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jul 21, 2019

Enjoy! Mine won’t leave my wrist since I sized the bracelet. Baltic really nailed this design.

filmir, MTROIS and NT931 like this.
  12. 64Wing Aug 6, 2019

Based on SDRE's guess and especially encouraged by your response, I give you a double "like" I'd buy a GMT version immediately

Larry S and sdre like this.
  13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 7, 2019

I’m just going to say that I’ve been wearing the heck out of this watch since it arrived in June. It’s been doing a lot of sailing and swimming. The BOR is so comfortable. Time keeping is excellent. The design just fascinates me. Expectations exceeded for a $700 watch. @NT931, your experience with their customer service is not a blip. They are on the ball and focused on the customer experience. I had a problem earlier this year with my BiCompax. Total time from e-mail to watch back on wrist was three weeks. Had a question on installing the extra BOR links, Etienne himself responded that day. Can’t say enough. Great company.
    090A6A62-CEFB-4B99-9056-8BF4194A30AC.jpeg

filmir, Scarecrow Boat, jklim and 6 others like this.
  14. KeithS Aug 9, 2019

Watchfinder & Co. just posted a nice review of Baltic watches:

MTROIS likes this.
  15. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 9, 2019

I wholeheartedly agree. Reviewer really caught the brand essence!

sdre likes this.
  16. Folgono Aug 11, 2019

Finally got mine !

IMG_20190808_131308__01__01.jpg

17. sonicosa Aug 21, 2019

Hey, I'm pretty new here, and I think this is my second post. It's going to be a long one. Enjoy! (Maybe?)

I've had buckets of issues with the Bi Compax, but Central Watch and Baltic's customer service have been great to deal with . I visited Baltic's showroom in Paris on my honeymoon which was a wonderful experience. My wife bought me the silver dial Bi Compax as a birthday present, and hour out of the shop, I noticed issues with the chronograph minute hand not advancing, or even ticking backwards. Also, the watch had the case back for the HMS 3 hand watch that said Miyota Movement. I should have inspected it more closely in the showroom, but I had been there for quite a while chatting with the owner and didn't want to overstay my welcome.

They let me come by the shop the next day and exchange it. The cool thing is I got one of the numbered versions. I noticed pretty quickly the watch had a power reserve issue, wouldn't even run for 24 hours. I contacted Baltic when I got home and they set me up with Central Watch. I travel to NY for work a couple times a month, so figured I'd drop off the watch in person. I'm glad I did, because Central Watch has a lot watches I'd never seen in person. Before my next trip to NY, the power reserve issue worked itself off, but now the chronograph function did not work.

I think the repair took 2 weeks, and I it was running well for quite a while. Now, it stops every morning at 8:20 with plenty of wind. It will stop some evenings at 8:30. Pulling the crown out gets it running again, but there is a lot more resistance than usual. I'm hoping to drop it back off at Central Watches next week while I'm up there,.

So, if you made it this far, I am really enjoying the board, been lurking for a while. I've even bought a watch from another user here - a Seamaster 14763 which I'm hoping to have back from a service soon. I've been wanting to post something for a while, but didn't feel like I had much to add the conversation until now. Hope to keep learning and hopefully become a part of the community!

shishy likes this.
  18. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 21, 2019

Sounds like you need to have a deeper conversation with Baltic. IMO this much trouble with a watch would have me demanding a replacement.

19. Megatom Aug 23, 2019

This is mine (blue gilt version). I really like it...
    [​IMG]

Larry S, MTROIS and OHS like this.
  20. rkman11 Aug 28, 2019

How is everyone liking these after a few months? Where does it fit into your collection/rotation? I’m wondering if this would replace my SKX013. which I love and is my go to beater/beach/pool watch. Wondering if this could be that but with the added bonus of some vintage flare that I miss when rocking the SKX.