Authenticating a Vintage Omega Seamaster Polaris (1455/448)

Oh! That makes much more sense, and seeing as the bottom photo is identical to my watch, it appears as if the watch I purchased was legitimate after all. Regardless, I'll find the serial number and see if it corresponds to the right watch, but I can't do that until I have it in my hands. Thank you again all! I will return once my watch arrives! I cannot thank you all enough!!!
The watch is legitimate. The serial number on the movement may tell you the date and that is about all. This is an old watch and I am pretty sure there are no fakes out there of this one.

The watch is legitimate. The serial number on the movement may tell you the date and that is about all. This is an old watch and I am pretty sure there are no fakes out there of this one.

Absolutely without doubt.

It would require the resources of a demented millionaire to construct a factory capable of producing a titanium case with gold inlay and corresponding titanium bracelet, and then find correct Omega quartz movements/dials/hands to complete the package.

I wish I hadn't gotten into this thread, now I'm thinking that these are cool vintage Omegas and I haven't got one.

:whistling:

I wish I hadn't gotten into this thread, now I'm thinking that these are cool vintage Omegas and I haven't got one.

:whistling:

I have been watching them for a while. They seem to be beat to death, missing links in the bracelet or priced to the moon. I'll keep watching. That Jumbo Chrono is sweet.

Uho, are we witnessing live the advent of a new trend?

Thank you all! The watch came in today and it looks wonderful! It's in great condition, and although I have yet to take it apart to check the serial number, I have a very good feeling about its authenticity. Thank you all again!

My advice is not to bother checking the serial number. Not a lot to be gained by it. Just the year of manufacturer.

Ah, gotcha. Well, I guess I'll stick with that. Thank you all so much for your help! It is greatly appreciated!

The serial should have been printed onto the inner caseback. It is possible the remnant of the serial has been written here, possibly when the movement was exchanged or the original rubbed off. Note the '43,977,7' That would tally with an early to mid 1980s Omega serial if completed with another 2 digits. If there is a full serial on the movement then all good, but I suspect there isn't, there usually wasn't on quartz Omega movements. There were Polaris models sold between 1982 to 1992 so that gives you the extremes of date. I suspect this one to be mid-late 80s.

These are quite beguiling in terms of case construction but the elephant in the room is size, they are rather small for modern tastes. Sub 32mm in fact memory so more suited to a dainty lady's wrist in actuality.

Here is where the serial is normally found:

24af505f-60a2-4799-8cd4-8aaafde227b5.png
Edited: