AT 220.10.38.20.01.001 with Serial 8390xxxx?

Dear Forum Colleagues,

I have come across an offering for above mentioned reference without box and papers. Based on the provided photos the serial is 8390xxxx (full serial number can be shared via PM). As of my understanding, this serial number does not match with the production years of the current AT Models. The potential seller insisted, that the watch was original and checked at an official Omega AD, though.

Is there a mistake in my research? Any thoughts from your side?

Thank you

this serial number does not match with the production years of the current AT Models. The potential seller insisted, that the watch was original and checked at an official Omega AD, though.

Is there a mistake in my research?
Are you using one of the many websites that act as a serial number guide/reference to come to this conclusion?

Yes, that is correct. Does not work?
No, and this would be why you’re running into this disconnect. Modern serial numbers are more random, rending these lists unreliable. They are more suited for dating vintage serials.

Do you see any issues based on this?
If you want an evaluation of the movement, you’ll need share a picture with the rotor on the other side. Or, you can politely message @Archer with your serial number and ask him to verify it against the reference.

If you visit Omega’s own site and use their chat feature, you may luck into a rep there who can check the serial for you. (I’ve done that before. Sometimes they’ll do it, sometimes they won’t.)

If you visit Omega’s own site and use their chat feature, you may luck into a rep there who can check the serial for you. (I’ve done that before. Sometimes they’ll do it, sometimes they won’t.)
Or you could do as mentioned above and ask Archer who will do it for you if you ask nicely.

@biaesch - just to add some info/context here, @Archer is an Omega-certified watchmaker, so he is a reliable source and he is just generally a very helpful individual on Omegaforums and many other watch forums. That said, he doesn't always have time to help people and Annapolis' recommendation will also work and will be straight through omega. You should also be able to email Omega.

Or you could do as mentioned above and ask Archer who will do it for you if you ask nicely.

Right—I was just figuring Archer doesn’t necessarily want to have to answer all such inquiries (though we’re always grateful when he does), whereas the folks who work at Omega—this is on-the-clock for them.

There you go, thank you

1000010550.jpg

PM me the serial number, and I’ll confirm the reference number...

Here you go...

Serial number: 83907616
Article ref: 22010382001001
Version of movement: 8800A

He really is brilliant asset to the forum is he not!

He really is brilliant asset to the forum is he not!

And a heck of a tennis player 😉

But can he play pickleball?!?!? 😲😲😲😉

He excels at everything he does 👍

And a hack of a tennis player 😉

FIFY

As long as my coach says I'm improving, as he did this morning, that's all that matters...

FIFY

As long as my coach says I'm improving, as he did this morning, that's all that matters...

One-handed or two-handed backhand? Seems like the one-handed backhand is getting rare.