Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

Posts
844
Likes
6,758
Two more Seamasters: 30 & 600.



Nice and sharp case.


Group pic of last three purchases. I have thing for stainless steel watches with gold hardware.
 
Posts
1,389
Likes
11,434
Summer dog walk beater
Nice watch - although that logo is giving me vibes of “Hail Hydra”…
 
Posts
4,015
Likes
45,129
Nice watch - although that logo is giving me vibes of “Hail Hydra”…
Badass indeed 😁
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,380
1959 Seamaster 2996 a/k/a one of the “Seachero” variations. A Seamaster dial with a caliber 285 in a Ranchero case.
Edited:
 
Posts
4,015
Likes
45,129
Bubbly and honest cursive Genève ref 2903 from 1956 (based on the serial nbr). Immediately after I got it, it went to the spa, and it just came back today 😀
I'm quite satisfied, and the bubbles are not visible once the watch is on wrist. Indices and hands are quite nice actually
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,380
Bubbly and honest cursive Genève ref 2903 from 1956 (based on the serial nbr). Immediately after I got it, it went to the spa, and it just came back today 😀
I'm quite satisfied, and the bubbles are not visible once the watch is on wrist. Indices and hands are quite nice actually
Very nice case and the correct crown too! I love these old cursive Geneves. Beautiful watches.
 
Posts
540
Likes
1,385
Bubbly and honest cursive Genève ref 2903 from 1956 (based on the serial nbr). Immediately after I got it, it went to the spa, and it just came back today 😀
I'm quite satisfied, and the bubbles are not visible once the watch is on wrist. Indices and hands are quite nice actually
That is just lovely!
 
Posts
5,316
Likes
54,048
This very recent purchase just back from my WM after a lens and crown change.

 
Posts
1,085
Likes
6,019
Two weeks ago as I was sitting in Frankfurt airport between flights I received a call from Patek for a watch I had requested for my wife. I had literally been in that country 8 hours prior to them calling me.

Anyway, this week I returned for work and collected the watch one evening.

This morning at 6am as I am cruising the duty free I chat to the sales assistant about the zero Rolex models they have on display. We continue chatting for about 30 minutes as we’re the only two in the watch section when he asks me if I would like a Rolex Explorer 36……

 
Posts
249
Likes
471
Never thought I was a Panerai guy and then this happened...Surprisingly thin for a Luminor, the 8 day manual wind movement models wear significantly better than the autos.
 
Posts
5,316
Likes
54,048
Bought several watches today all $5.00 per piece.

A nice vintage Seiko men's Hi Beat the Omega pictured below and some good brand sports watches.

The omega is in perfect cosmetic condition and is running very well but I dropped it off to my WM for a service, will probably apply for an extract from Omega, you don't often find these for $5.00 😀 so today is a very happy day.




View attachment 1385408
Edited:
 
Posts
24,800
Likes
55,082
Two recent Longines arrivals with unusual date window locations.

Edited:
 
Posts
4,015
Likes
45,129
Two recent Longines arrivals with unusual date window locations.

Sharp cases, my friend! Congrats and dibs 😀;
 
Posts
905
Likes
1,738
So I’m the past 3 weeks I purchased 2 omegas.

mine today which wasn’t purchased as a collector piece but more as a daily wearer. This seamaster 166009.
Half the bracelet isn’t original, the buckle has been over polished and I reapplied a brush to it, the rotor is a service replacement but I got it cheap as chips and it will be a good daily.
The other is this unbranded 2635-6 seamaster.


It is original and I have had to replace a setting lever spring and mainspring which I found original through a supplier in Sydney.
Got it dirt cheap at an auction and had it serviced.
 
Posts
9,588
Likes
27,705
So I’m the past 3 weeks I purchased 2 omegas.

mine today which wasn’t purchased as a collector piece but more as a daily wearer. This seamaster 166009.
Half the bracelet isn’t original, the buckle has been over polished and I reapplied a brush to it, the rotor is a service replacement but I got it cheap as chips and it will be a good daily.
The other is this unbranded 2635-6 seamaster.


It is original and I have had to replace a setting lever spring and mainspring which I found original through a supplier in Sydney.
Got it dirt cheap at an auction and had it serviced.

Great watches 👍

A single point - I don't think the 2635 reference is a Seamaster, branded or not. Doesn't detract though 😀