Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

Posts
1,990
Likes
9,505
This just arrived for my wife, anniversary present, but had to sneak in a quick wrist shot before it goes into hiding for a month. A bit small for me, it’s the 35mm version, but should look great on her.
 
Posts
2,298
Likes
3,155
Woooow! 👍

I mean 'DIBS' 😀

(I know another one is offered in the private watch sales)
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,768
Ok hands up I admit I have fallen off the wagon, all has been going well for some time with sales only until a certain English made military piece crossed my path today and I found myself back to my old ways 🤦

May be with me tomorrow and I hope some may understand my weakness when I post some images 🙁
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,768
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet but t.b.h. it is just an excuse to snap it again 😉
 
Posts
844
Likes
6,758
@Spruce has been hyping 135.041 Genèves so naturally I had to buy one. Great presence, just like the man advertised. Plus I really like gold furniture on a stainless steel watch.

 
Posts
9,253
Likes
77,072
@Spruce has been hyping 135.041 Genèves so naturally I had to buy one. Great presence, just like the man advertised. Plus I really like gold furniture on a stainless steel watch.

Yours looks to be in great condition for a fifty year old watch.
Do you agree that it 'wears bigger' than its actual size?
 
Posts
844
Likes
6,758
Yours looks to be in great condition for a fifty year old watch.
Do you agree that it 'wears bigger' than its actual size?

Yes it's in nice sharp condition. Absolutely, wears bigger than the diameter suggests. I would say it's near perfect size for my wrist 😀 Very happy with the purchase. I was a little worried because the seller's description mentioned "it runs but does not keep time". I was very pleasantly surprised when I noticed the watch has a normal power reserve and runs -20s/d.
 
Posts
1,046
Likes
5,447
Got “the call” yesterday and my insanely kind and wonderful AD overnighted it to me.

36mm. 6.5” wrist. Love it. Dial is far nicer than expected.

 
Posts
157
Likes
649
That is spectacular!

[/QUOTE]
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet but t.b.h. it is just an excuse to snap it again 😉
 
Posts
290
Likes
867
Crazy in love 🥰 - Omega Seamaster 145.005 inverted panda


Just don’t see enough of these. Love the contrast between the dial, lume and orange hand.
 
Posts
363
Likes
1,277
Just don’t see enough of these. Love the contrast between the dial, lume and orange hand.

Seems like those are really rare birds. On my research I just found 3 other examples on OF. There is an other one at the Omega museum in Bienne (with a too short chrono hand 👎). eBay & Co showed about a handful sales in the last years.

All in all I couldn't find more than 10 of them (mine included)
 
Posts
290
Likes
867
Be interested to know how long the orange hand is. It reminds me of the hand on the Ultraman. Aren’t these models from 1967? UMs we’re all 68.
 
Posts
4,855
Likes
12,279
Got “the call” yesterday and my insanely kind and wonderful AD overnighted it to me.

36mm. 6.5” wrist. Love it. Dial is far nicer than expected.


It's a classic for good reason, very nice!
 
Posts
2,270
Likes
15,727
Enicar with fat lugs and EPSA compressor case, and the icing on the cake - golfball dial 😀
 
Posts
3,819
Likes
16,171
incoming, 1910 Elgin Father Time, 3/4 plate 18s railroad watch.... I'm still engaged in a pissing match with @DaveK to see who can come up with the largest turnip to hang on one of his magic lanyards.